Pepperoni Snack Styx ~ Foamheart

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

foamheart

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
While I had all the stuff out I went ahead and made some pepperoni snack styx ! (you old farts, see what I did there)

Pepperoni seasoning prepackaged mix from B&P Inc.
Powdered Buttermilk
Amespho
a little cure
19/20 sheep casings (I actually ran out of casing and I flushed and relaxed 4 good sized ones)

6 lbs fine ground beef
2 lbs double ground pork

I had about 2 lbs of seasoned meat left over. Will freeze for another day.

IMG_1399.JPG

They taste really good, definitely plump. I make these a lot I try to keep some packages in the freezer actually.

Sticks are a little thick, I left the casing in the water for 48+ hours so they relaxed a lot during stuffing.
I smoked for 6 hours at 100 /150 chamber temp. They are now in the oven, I am trying out that dehydrate function I forgot about.
Actually with all those binders I used, I am going to be surprised if it gives up much more moisture.

One last thing. It should have been first. I have/had a MES30 as well as the 40. The 40 I can smoke on and the 30 I can cook on. 40 set at 275 comes up to only 220 which is fine. I decided to throw a chick in the 30 at 275 for supper. Having used it the week before on a whim. during the preheat to 275, I had not enclosed the vent after the last use and didn't check it, head up my ass doing sausages. Neighbor come screaming in the back door. You guessed it, "FIRE". I got it out, it melted the 30, the 40 was full of sausage and it is still working. but metal aweing is pretty singed.

What I want to say is, its Thanksgiving, keep your head in the game. Be safe!

Sticks look really good! And you're right, need to stay safe, no matter what you're smoking!

Ryan

Reactions: foamheart
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky