PEPPERONI HELP

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

goliath

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 8, 2013
Terrace BC Canada
i made some very nice moose pepperoni on the weekend, 30 POUNDS .... my problem is i cut, tied. and pinched every foot so i could hang them on the sticks...... VERY TIME CONSUMING
"there must be an easier and proper way". i was thinking about just coiling it on the sticks next time and make it like a spring ... then cut it into lengths after ......  HA HA HA

ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED  :0)

i made some very nice moose pepperoni on the weekend, 30 POUNDS .... my problem is i cut, tied. and pinched every foot so i could hang them on the sticks...... VERY TIME CONSUMING
"there must be an easier and proper way". i was thinking about just coiling it on the sticks next time and make it like a spring ... then cut it into lengths after ......  HA HA HA

ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED  :0)
Just read that post, looks great, looks like a fridge smoker like mine, is what I do is I measure from the top rack to the bottom close to where I want them to hang then double length cause you will hang them over the rod. so if 2ft to bottom make rope 4ft, then after smoking cut them to desired lengths, with the tide ends I eat them as I go and or package separately
Them are 48 inches long,

Good luck and let us know.

Nice job on the moose sticks by the way, Not many moose left down here with the wolves now.

A full smoker is a happy smoker.

Boykjo when you do that do you have to wet the ends or your fingers to make them stick together?? I may give this a try next time. I guess I am a big scardy cat of coming out and finding a bunch on the bottom of my smoker and empty casings hanging . Ever had a problem??  

Steve

not with collogen sticks... naturals yes.. Always tie with naturals... For sticks in collogen just cut and pinch and remove a little meat. The fat and moisture in the meat will hold them closed...

Last edited:
WOW ..... both those methods sound alot easier......
so with the pinch and cut .... i can hang them over night to get them dried up and they will be fine  :0)

THAT IS AN AWESOME IDEA !!!!!

makes me want to make another 20 pounds just to try it

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE EVERYONE !

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky