Pennsylvania 2019 Gathering September 27th - 29th

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ok its getting very close 3 weeks away.

So I have some great news I say polish up on your recipes cross you T's and dot your I's because you will be critique by none other than the great Chef Jimmy J.
That's right if all goes well JJ will finally make it to the gathering.

Warren

So tonight the wife says... "LET'S GO HOME" (to PA.)... I said great.. I'll get us a flight and we'll make in time to go to the gathering ... She says... "When's That"... "The last weekend of Sept." I told her ... "NO NO NOOOOO.. that's to soon" she says... "I want to go at the end of Oct." she said ...

SOOOOOOOO.. can y'all change the date and we'll stop by.. LOL ...

Damn her man... why didn't she say yes when I asked her a month or more ago if she wanted to go home ...

Sorry for your luck, Keith. We would have loved to have you and your wife join us! You could always tell her that the leaves are changing now (they are - but very few!)

Not sure I could handle 2 would you make the second one or would the one who you must obey have you doing something else. :emoji_laughing:

Warren

Reactions: DanMcG
WOW 2 weeks today and we will be gathering at Adams. Hope everyone has their plans together. Looking for another great weekend.

Warren

I will bring eggs for breakfast Saturday morning and potato salad for Saturday evening.

We need rolls for the burgers Friday night. Potatoes & onions to fry for breakfast Saturday. Adam has ham and bacon.

Adam do you need us to get the FF and oil?

Warren

I strained and saved the oil from last year. I can get the fries.

Ok so far this how we are going to fly!! subject to change.

Friday night
Bear and regular beef burgers
FF (Laura's specialty)
Anything others may offer as sides.

Saturday
Breakfast
Fried taters, eggs and ham and bacon

Snacks chicken wings, ABT'S and moink balls

Main meal Saturday evening
PP. ribs (I'm thinking riblets), Flank steak
Not sure when Sunny is planning on serving her food or exactly what Adam has in mind.

Any sides or desserts you may like to make or bring.

Oh forgot the crab soup.

Warren

So, I have some really bittersweet news. I just got a call from GW hospital and they have (finally) scheduled my back surgery -- for Thursday, September 26. It's happy news, since I've been jumping through hoops and waiting for months to get insurance approval... but it's sad news because I will not be cleared for a four hour road trip the day after the procedure, even though if everything goes well, I should go home the same day.

I am SO sad to have to miss our gathering! And I'm doubly sad that it's such late notice. But I can't afford to put this off -- it's been way too long coming and I am really sick of being ouchie all the time! I hope we'll do another one of these again real soon! :(

Sunny

:emoji_disappointed: :emoji_disappointed: :emoji_disappointed: Was so hoping to meet you. Hope all goes well with the surgery Not sure what your having done I've been there done that 5 times a lot of hardware in my back. Wife also but her last was unreal new Dr. he did her surgery on Thursday before Memorial weekend and she went to work the Tuesday after and has not stopped. Again best of luck with it.

Warren

Ok we are on the final count down are you ready farmer here we come ready or not. Anybody else plan on stopping by that has not told us their plans?

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky