Pellet Storage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Many options... I think there are a few threats on this forum about this. Personally, I use wooden boxes (brought from work). I had to buy hinges, spring latches and handles. I sealed all seams inside the box with food grade silicon. Also, I glued a Foam Weather Seal on all upper edges of the box to make it airtight. Keep all boxes in the garage....
View attachment 462940View attachment 462944
I just received my first pellet grill (Camp Chef Woodwind 36) yesterday and am looking for ideas for storing the pellets. I have a woodshop and this is a great idea, will have to work on a "front load" staking system. Thanks for the idea.

New to pellet smoking here. The instructions in our Traeger said to use food grade buckets. I was able to get food grade for $6 with lid from Tractor Supply Company. I bought some from Lowes but found out they are not food grade so now I have 2 new car washing buckets. I watched a video the other day that recommended gallon size ziplock bags so If you do that then any bucket should work. The guy on the video said a gallon of pellets would last him about 3 hours of smoking.

The emphasis on food grade buckets is some legalese, not actually important. Are the bags they ship pellets in food grade? Is the wood food grade? Seems like corporate silliness to me.

Reactions: bill1 and Steff3
The emphasis on food grade buckets is some legalese, not actually important. Are the bags they ship pellets in food grade? Is the wood food grade? ...
I'm having trouble imagining any clean, plastic container that storing pellets in, that are subsequently burned, that could result in negative a health impact . This doesn't help Traeger's corporate image...I'd say they've got some 'splainin' to do with that comment.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky