Pellet Smoker Input smoke chef model ps2415

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

luvcatchingbass

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 31, 2017
SE North Dakota
I came across a clearance sale and there are some Smoke Chef Pellet Smokers (Model PS2415-think its a Smoke Hollow rebrand) that would be down to $188 vs the regular price of $350. Not knowing much about pellet smokers besides the top brands and that I keep saying I am going to save for a GMG, Camp Chef or my dream of a Yoder I am wondering if any of you have come across this brand before being the clearance price seems pretty good as a supplemental smoker to go with my Oklahoma Joes Combo. My main concerns are what can start to fail on them even with correct care such as the thermostat, control panel, or RTD Sensor? Sure if it is cold and windy I know that there are things to watch for and ways to deal with most things and I know it is not a full set and forget it and I know it doesn't have all the cool bells and whistles. I'm ok with a little bit of baby sitting as long as it is all something I can control beings all my smoking is currently done on an offset smoker anyways, just figure it might be a nice little addition to the fleet at a reduced price.
All thoughts, advice, and experiences are more than welcome.

Thank you in advance

I should add that I am looking for reviews but sometimes I question some peoples intelligence level when I read some of their complaints. Many of them are obviously user error or near zero understanding of how some things work.

The good thing about pellet smokers are that they remind me of a Ruger 10/22 , every thing on it can be had fairly cheap to replace and there are a bunch of parts that will interchange if you get a bad part. As long as the framework is in good shape I foresee a lot of years use out of any of them. I will have my pitboss for 2 years in may sometime I think.

Reactions: luvcatchingbass
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky