pellet grill mod

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigsmoken

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 11, 2013
Canon City Colorado
Hey I've seen someone mod a pellet grill by extending the exaust stack on the inside to the actual grill grate vs. leaving it where it was. what does this do? does it make it more efficient?

I've sern the mod but damned if I know what its supposed to do. I know with my Traeger I put a gasket around the door and the firebrick splits around the firepot and got much less temp swings and more accurate temps at the grate level. I adjust the "P" setting according to the season and I'm real happy with the performance.

In stead of the smoke going up and straight out the smoke will fill from the top down and then have to go up the pipe at grate level. This keeps more smoke on the meat longer. I did the same mod in my New Braunsfeld side firebox smoker. It seems to make a difference to me.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky