Pellet fed Freezer rig per request

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

countrysmoked

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 20, 2009
Kansas
Here are some better pics of my freezer rig with the pellet feeder I put on it. Somebody requested a better view and explanation of it in roll call.
Here is a View from Deck of butcher shop to give perspective
Attachment 21771

Inside view of left side of smoker
Attachment 21772

Pellet feeder
Attachment 21773

Smoker Fire Box
Attachment 21774

Firebox with Drip cover
Attachment 21775

Fire Starting
Attachment 21776

Fire Going Good
Attachment 21777

The Thin Blue
Attachment 21778

Smoker Under Awning
Attachment 21779

I took a broken pellet grill feeder and mounted it in my old refrigerator smoker first. The fridge rusted out and the door wouldn't stay closed anymore so i found this Stainless Steel Freezer and mounted the pellet feeder in it. The pellet feeder is a country smoker type from Louisiana Grills I got it at the local Orshlen's store when they were going to send it back because it was missing the piece to put the feeder on the side of the grill. The motor that ran the pellet feeder was also bad but I called the company and they sent me a new one right away.

The SS freezer is about 7 1/2 foot wide and 2 3/4 feet deep and 6 foot high. I put 6 shelves in it and have 3 more to put in but I can't find the shelf holder clips that I need. I haven't been looking all that hard though I haven't managed to fill it all the way up yet. The insulation is 6 inches thick so it holds heat very well. In the winter time it will cold smoke at 85 degrees but I can't keep it that low in the summer. I put a awning over it so I can smoke in the rain (pellets don't take water well).

I can smoke 30 lbs of ground and formed Jerky at once with the shelves I have. and the biggest other smoke I have done in it is a brisket, 4 pork butts, 2 hams, 2 turkeys, a big pan of beans and 6 racks of St Louis style ribs for a graduation party.

I am doing some ribs, 8 racks I think for some co-workers on Thursday with some beans and a pork loin. I might try my first fattie then too.

Hope you all enjoy the pics and I will gladly try to help anybody that wants to build something like this.
467536be_vbattach21771.jpg

511c1bb4_vbattach21772.jpg

c7e7d780_vbattach21773.jpg

f626cd1d_vbattach21774.jpg

a66eb55f_vbattach21775.jpg

e884e2b4_vbattach21776.jpg

0c6bd7f8_vbattach21777.jpg

82da2c6d_vbattach21778.jpg

9c3281e0_vbattach21779.jpg

Thats an awesome looking smoker nice job building it
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Excuse the noobie dumb question here please, but do you mean you can both cold smoke & hot smoke with your smoker? If so sounds like you've got a cracking looking bit of kit & the best of both worlds to boot.

PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Thanks for the expanded view.. Totally answers and satisifys my curiosity ..
No worries about the time inbetween... hay and balein won't usually wait..

Cheers!!
points.gif

---> HBBBQ

Great job, nice to see a fabbed pellet muncher.

Wow!

You did the exact build I want to do. I have a cs570 wich is great but I am wanting a cabinet smoker to do large batches of jerky and other smoked sausage that needs cooler temps and lots of room.

I have the extra pellet feeder that I was able to salvage after rewiring what was burnt with new wires. Long story short my cs570 pellet box went up in flames shortly after I got it.

So do you have any tips on where to get a ss proofing cabinet or the likes for cheap? I wouldn't need a double cabinet like you have as space is limited. But with repeat adds on craigslist I still have not found any.

Tia
MM

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky