Pellet Exhaust Mod

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

winsa12

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 2, 2018
I have a GMG that I can't get to equalize temperatures from the left to the right (exhaust) side. If I cut a hole on the left side over the hopper, add an exhaust pipe and add a baffle to make the area 1/2 the size on each of them, could I possibly get rid of my problem?

GMC would be a auto manufacturer.

Yeah, I couldn't imagine either, hence why I bought it. But left to right temp swings are significant. I have a heat shield to adjust, but it has little effect in my opinion. To add to that- the GMG is set up with the grill, 2 drip trays that are both a pain in the ass to move and then the deflector. So you move that deflector an inch, get the food on, see the deflector still needs to move, repeat, etc... I drilled a hole through the wall so I can move that easier.

My assumption is the heat source (fire pit) is in the middle of the grill (along with the fan exhaust end). If the exhaust can rise equally to each exit point it will be more stable side to side. I asked here because this group seems to know smoker internals and how the combustion and cooking process works.

Maybe you should ask in a section dedicated to your brand or at least the pellet grill section. I think this one is for builders who are rolling their own so the folks who can help aren't seeing your plight.

I may try that. That sub-forum has turned into one where someone has turned all the threads into why they should buy a Grilla Grills.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky