Pecan Ideas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My mother used to make an apple pie with pecans in the pie. Not as a topping but in the pie. Sadly I can't find her recipe but a google search might turn up something if that sounds interesting to you. Make sure to use a good tart cooking apple or I don't think it will work.

Cracker Barrel makes a sweet potato casserole that you can only get on Thursdays with their turkey and dressing special that has pecans in it along with a hint of orange. It's the star of the meal. I haven't found a copycat of it yet but I'm still searching.

Reactions: TNJAKE
IMG_20211029_163017.jpg
Got my jar of fiery death peppers today. Thanks again jcam222 jcam222 . Kinda nervous to even open the jar lol

You're gonna have to sleep in the bath tub .

1635544342105.jpeg

I was waiting for an off the shelf local seasoning I really like . I'll get them both packed up this weekend .

You're gonna have to sleep in the bath tub .

View attachment 514890
I was waiting for an off the shelf local seasoning I really like . I'll get them both packed up this weekend .
Guess I'll be starting my new company......The One Pecan Challenge lol

Oh man, I don’t know how you guys do it. My mouth smoldering just reading this thread!

I having trouble finding any again this year. I sure miss the trees that got cut down for a gas station!!! I guess I going to have to start buy them. I enjoy collecting them but hard to find public trees with the grass mowed!

Mmmmm fresh pecans are amazing, my mother picks pounds of them every year.

My favorite is to just eat them raw.
2nd favorite.... chocolate Pecans!!! If you know how to temper chocolate even better but if not then just melt some sweet chocolate or chocolate chips and coat then freeze a bit and eat. If you can temper the chocolate then it won't immediately melt in your hand.
So get you some chocolate pecan clusters going if you can :)

Enjoy!
She need some help. :emoji_wink:

Good deal . I've been eating on the reaper beef today . Perfect heat and flavor from that Reaper Powder . Real thanks goes to Richie tropics tropics for sharing . I still have 2 packs like that one , and they aren't going anywhere . I love that stuff .
Enjoy , but be careful .

Also a big thanks to tropics tropics for getting this powder in circulation. Rich I'm so paranoid I used a glove to take it out of the package lol

• Haha
Reactions: jcam222
LOL . Wise choice . It's really good stuff in the right amount . I just went out to get a beer from the garage , it's windy cold and snowing here . I might sprinkle some in my fuzzy slippers to warm my feet back up .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky