Peach/hickory pork ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

philpom

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 16, 2023
Texas
Tossed these on for mothers day, hit them with some of my GPR #86 and finished with some zesty peach sauce Mrs philpom made from last year's harvest.

230°f for nearly 4 hours, no foil/321...... you no. I prefer the 123, season-smoke-eat!

20230514_193800.jpg

20230514_201313.jpg
20230514_203006.jpg

The peach sauce tossed them over the top.

Nice colour on the ribs , and the glaze sounds good

I like to also use our jams and or jellies we make to top our ribs and chicken cooks also

David
Thanks David, I have to admit that this was one of those cooks where I basically made myself do it. I had already committed but as I was out back cleaning the primo, getting ready to fire it up etc it started raining. Abandon ship! It ended up raining all day so made for a "fun" afternoon. In the end everyone enjoyed dinner but I much prefer a warm sunny day while smoking meats.

The peach bbq sauce Mrs philpom made is tasty, it was a bad batch according to her, she forgot the onion when she canned it. I would have never known and prefer a smooth sauce for ribs anyways.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
They look great! What is # 86? I assume a personal spice blend?
Thanks! It's a personal seasoning blend I dubbed GPR #86. General pork rub and 86 derived from the slang term "I'll 86 you".... it's killer - lol. I use a ratio of 2 parts sugar, 1 part salt and 1 part other.

Reactions: jcam222
bad batch according to her, she forgot the onion when she canned it. I would have never known and prefer a smooth sauce for ribs anyways.

We are our own worst judge when something just is not what we really wanted to happen.
I myself love onions on lots of things , Kraft has an onion BBQ sauce that I just love. And I use it also on lots of cooks

David

Very nice! Im planning on doing a no wrap leave on smoke rib cook next time around!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky