1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Featured Peach Beans

Discussion in 'Side Items' started by smokin peachey, Mar 10, 2019.

1. hardcookin

hardcookin Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Peachy I use pretty much same recipe, but I use Apple pie filling and just cut apples into smaller chunks. Have yet to try peach,but now I'm gonna try it.
    Thanks for sharing!!

smokin peachey likes this.
  2. gmc2003

gmc2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Beans are looking good, bet they tasted better. I haven't tried fruit in my beans yet...but now you have me rethinking that.

Point for sure.
    Chris

3. GATOR240

GATOR240 Smoking Fanatic

Looking good Peachey. I could really go for some more of those right now! Maybe I'll make some this weekend. Congrats on making the carousel.

4. smokin peachey

smokin peachey Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Reheated some beans to go with my burger tonight. Still tasty!

5. smokin peachey

Thanks all.

6. fivetricks

fivetricks Smoking Fanatic

Well peachy, I just returned from the store with beans and peach pie filling. So, barring unforeseen circumstances, I'll have your answer on Saturday at some point. Going to make them Friday morning before I go to work, smoke when I get home Friday night then cool overnight and reheat Saturday. That way I'll have an idea if they're better on day 1 or day 2

7. smokin peachey

Sounds good. I will be waiting to hear what you think about them.

8. wow you've blown my mind with the peaches. I've done pineapple for years. I think i would want to add some anaheim or green chilis to give a touch of heat to off set the sweet. Any thoughts on that? most of my rubs are kid friendly (aka not spicy hot)

9. smokin peachey

Just add a splash of cayenne pepper or dice up some hot peppers. I would only add a small amount and then taste because you can always add more but it’s hard to remove after it’s to spicy. My rub has some cayenne in it so that spices them up good enough for me. You could always add the heat after serving if the rest of your family doesn’t like them spicy.

10. GaryHibbert

GaryHibbert Smoking Guru OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Great idea!!
    I've made Gary's beans and Dutch's beans (both of them with and without pineapple chunks) and love both of them. Now I can't wait to try the peaches--I love peaches. I like to use honey instead of brown sugar in mine.
    POINT
    Gary

11. smokin peachey

Thanks.

Try them out and let me know what you think

12. fivetricks

fivetricks Smoking Fanatic

Ok. So I made the peach beans w pie filling. Hard to compare considering I've never had the original version.

I made 83z of beans. Went with 1lb bacon and ended up having to use 2 normal size cans of pie filling. One just didn't seem to be enough.

They were pretty good. They had a different sort of sweetness to them. I had to resist putting BBQ sauce in them. I felt like they needed the BBQ sauce, but I also felt like that would have drowned the peach flavor out of it.

All in all a good pan of beans. Thanks for sharing the idea!

13. smokin peachey

Glad you enjoyed them. Try some bbq sauce if you want. This recipe can be personalized to your liking.