Peach Beans

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The peaches are packed with some sugar and water. And I added most of the liquid to the beans.

I want to try them with store bought canned peaches or peach pie filling sometime

Peachy I use pretty much same recipe, but I use Apple pie filling and just cut apples into smaller chunks. Have yet to try peach,but now I'm gonna try it.
Thanks for sharing!!

Reactions: smokin peachey
Beans are looking good, bet they tasted better. I haven't tried fruit in my beans yet...but now you have me rethinking that.

Point for sure.
Chris

Looking good Peachey. I could really go for some more of those right now! Maybe I'll make some this weekend. Congrats on making the carousel.

Looks mighty Tasty

Gary

Thanks for sharing your recipe Peachey, I'll definitely give it a try!

Beans are looking good, bet they tasted better. I haven't tried fruit in my beans yet...but now you have me rethinking that.

Point for sure.
Chris

Looking good Peachey. I could really go for some more of those right now! Maybe I'll make some this weekend. Congrats on making the carousel.

Thanks all.

Well peachy, I just returned from the store with beans and peach pie filling. So, barring unforeseen circumstances, I'll have your answer on Saturday at some point. Going to make them Friday morning before I go to work, smoke when I get home Friday night then cool overnight and reheat Saturday. That way I'll have an idea if they're better on day 1 or day 2

Well peachy, I just returned from the store with beans and peach pie filling. So, barring unforeseen circumstances, I'll have your answer on Saturday at some point. Going to make them Friday morning before I go to work, smoke when I get home Friday night then cool overnight and reheat Saturday. That way I'll have an idea if they're better on day 1 or day 2

Sounds good. I will be waiting to hear what you think about them.

wow you've blown my mind with the peaches. I've done pineapple for years. I think i would want to add some anaheim or green chilis to give a touch of heat to off set the sweet. Any thoughts on that? most of my rubs are kid friendly (aka not spicy hot)

wow you've blown my mind with the peaches. I've done pineapple for years. I think i would want to add some anaheim or green chilis to give a touch of heat to off set the sweet. Any thoughts on that? most of my rubs are kid friendly (aka not spicy hot)

Just add a splash of cayenne pepper or dice up some hot peppers. I would only add a small amount and then taste because you can always add more but it’s hard to remove after it’s to spicy. My rub has some cayenne in it so that spices them up good enough for me. You could always add the heat after serving if the rest of your family doesn’t like them spicy.

Great idea!!
I've made Gary's beans and Dutch's beans (both of them with and without pineapple chunks) and love both of them. Now I can't wait to try the peaches--I love peaches. I like to use honey instead of brown sugar in mine.
POINT
Gary

Thanks.

Try them out and let me know what you think

Ok. So I made the peach beans w pie filling. Hard to compare considering I've never had the original version.

I made 83z of beans. Went with 1lb bacon and ended up having to use 2 normal size cans of pie filling. One just didn't seem to be enough.

They were pretty good. They had a different sort of sweetness to them. I had to resist putting BBQ sauce in them. I felt like they needed the BBQ sauce, but I also felt like that would have drowned the peach flavor out of it.

All in all a good pan of beans. Thanks for sharing the idea!

Ok. So I made the peach beans w pie filling. Hard to compare considering I've never had the original version.

I made 83z of beans. Went with 1lb bacon and ended up having to use 2 normal size cans of pie filling. One just didn't seem to be enough.

They were pretty good. They had a different sort of sweetness to them. I had to resist putting BBQ sauce in them. I felt like they needed the BBQ sauce, but I also felt like that would have drowned the peach flavor out of it.

All in all a good pan of beans. Thanks for sharing the idea!

Glad you enjoyed them. Try some bbq sauce if you want. This recipe can be personalized to your liking.

Well I made these tonight . Was in a hurry , had the basic idea in my head . Turns out I wasn't to far off from the posted recipe . I added maple syrup , honey and hot sauce . I had to cook them in the oven , but the over smoked BBB ends I saved were perfect for this . Think I'll over smoke some more just for times I have to use the oven .
Peachy , I already told you how much I liked these ,,, but man they are fantastic . So good . Thanks for sharing Bud .

Reactions: smokin peachey
Well I made these tonight . Was in a hurry , had the basic idea in my head . Turns out I wasn't to far off from the posted recipe . I added maple syrup , honey and hot sauce . I had to cook them in the oven , but the over smoked BBB ends I saved were perfect for this . Think I'll over smoke some more just for times I have to use the oven .
Peachy , I already told you how much I liked these ,,, but man they are fantastic . So good . Thanks for sharing Bud .

I am glad you enjoyed them chop. It’s one of those recipes you can add to as you like. Glad you thought they were just Peachey hahahahaha!!

Reactions: chopsaw
Hey Peachy, Don't know how I missed this but..... I ain't gonna miss any more....
Great choice on adding the peaches... I can't wait to try it..... ..

Hey Peachy, Don't know how I missed this but..... I ain't gonna miss any more....
Great choice on adding the peaches... I can't wait to try it..... ..
Hey Dave hope you enjoy them. It is one of those recipes you can add or delete to your liking.
Cant wait to hear your thoughts on them. I personally like them we the peaches we can ourselves.

Reactions: daveomak
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky