Paw paw butter.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

archeryrob

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
Western Maryland
I though I had posted this here. Paw paw, Indian banana, Hillbilly mangos or what ever you call them. I have always loved them but find them hard to eat. You can't eat the skin like a mango and they have these huge kidney bean like seeds getting in the way in most of the fruit.

I finally found a recipe and a way to prepare them easily. I was late to the show this year and spent too much time deer hunting and waited to late to collect them. I only got enough to make a pint, but OMG this stuff is amazing. My daughter said we are processing 2 5 gallon buckets next year! The full story is here.

pawpaw5_s.jpg

pawpaw-butter-recipe.png

Reactions: Aledavidov
Awesome. As a kid in Ohio I used to play in a nearby woods. There was a small sound of these trees. Always loved them. Very tropical tasting.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky