Patio Sized RF

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Good looking smoker....  Now we need to see smoke and grub.....   
popcorn.gif

Dave

Looking good. 

Started on a smaller reverse flow smoker. Hardly ever see any reverse flows this size. Anyone know why? 

I don't know, I have seen a few on here, but your right most RF's are at least 120 gallon tanks or more.  If and when I build me a smaller patio pit like your working on, I would probably go direct flow as well.  Don't get me wrong, I love my 150 RF, but there is a different flavor coming off a direct than a RF.  Both good, just different.  Plus I could be finished a day earlier with the project making it direct over RF.

I'm building one about the same size 18"dia x 52" long.  It my first ever build, had the tank so the size was set.

Very nice looking build. 

What about the wheels...inquiring minds want to know...

Tom   aka RadioGuy  

Started on a smaller reverse flow smoker. Hardly ever see any reverse flows this size. Anyone know why? 

18" 1/4 wall pipe 42" and 18" long

1/4" rf plate

Mainly because the diameter is small.
After you add the RF plate and grates... there's not much head space. Mine is 20" and can be a bit tight doing chix.
Its great for heat recovery and use of less fuel.

BTW awesome build

Mainly because the diameter is small.
After you add the RF plate and grates... there's not much head space. Mine is 20" and can be a bit tight doing chix.
Its great for heat recovery and use of less fuel.

BTW awesome build
Yea you are right. I didn't really think of that. 

Very nice!!  Like the round handle and shelf supports.  What type of stock did you use there? 

Hope to see some Que Views off this beauty!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky