Pastrami

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks great! How long was the total cook time the way you did it, 4 hour smoke + ? hour in the oven? Trying to approximate the length of time. I'm going to do this for Christmas to pair with our smoked duck.

Looks great! How long was the total cook time the way you did it, 4 hour smoke + ? hour in the oven? Trying to approximate the length of time. I'm going to do this for Christmas to pair with our smoked duck.
It took around 6 hours, but keep in mind that Time can vary! I have had smaller or less weight pastrami's take 7-8 hours.  DO NOT use time to figure out when it is done you must go by Internal Temp!!

Looks great! But I was wondering if anyone has used to something besides water to steam? As Alton Brown always says, "Water doesn't bring anything to the party." Perhaps apple juice or beef broth?

Looks good, well done, I also make it via corned beef, but I soak it in water for about 6 hours.  Just to much salt with out doing that

Looks great! But I was wondering if anyone has used to something besides water to steam? As Alton Brown always says, "Water doesn't bring anything to the party." Perhaps apple juice or beef broth?
I use beef broth.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky