Pastrami, finally some pastrami!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice looking stramie you got there.

Looks good. I've been temped to try a smoke/steam procedure on my next attempt to recreate the Katz deli experience at home. As if that's ever possible.

Thanks everyone!
Supposed to rain for the next 2 days here but I'm going to thaw a few more out and make another attempt at smoking them. Try a different rub, get some juniper berries, trim more fat beforeheand, and send one to my brothers job (crapplebees) with one free for the taking and see if I can't get some orders going on.
I noticed several people on here, including Tip, make money selling their premium smoke.
Though with pastrami I suppose I should corn my own beef and not cheat with a pre-corned one.
Hmmm...never brined for that long, need to get a brisket...need to search the site.
Anyways, I'm off, thanks for looking and enjoying my strami everyone!

Shweeeeet!
babysmall.gif

It looks great. You know Ron is the man. He got me started on my first strami. This last batch I did I never even opened the door until they hit temp. I never even foiled them. I think a lot of it has to do with the brand and the cut of meat. Mine were somewhere around 450 MG of salt and I only soaked them for about an hour. When I steam mine, I slice it and lay it in the steamer. After it warms up, I put the cheese on and the bread and let it steam a minute too. Awesome job and thanks for the plug.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky