Passing it on

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

NoCoPK360

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 19, 2020
I'm getting rid of my trusty Weber Smokey Mountain cooker this weekend. I am from Texas originally and spent several years in Kansas City during high school and college. When I moved to Colorado I was extremely disappointed in the lack of good bbq. We have a few decent places here and there, but it's just not popular here (we have killer Mexican food though!). I decided about 12 years ago that I would start making my own and picked up a WSM. It's been great and made a lot of great meals for friends and family. I finally gave in and bought a pellet grill a little over a year ago and although I don't think the flavor is as good as what the WSM produces it's much less hassle. A couple of months ago I picked up my first offset. That has been a game changer nothing else compares. I still like the pellet grill for convenience but if I have time it's going on the stick burner. I also have a couple of charcoal grills so the WSM just isnt' getting used. A friend of mine is moving and has talked to me about getting a smoker for quite awhile so I'm donating the WSM to him. I hope it has many more good years of use they are a great product that make good bbq in reach of just about everyone.

as long as itll get used (and if needed, have the ability to use it, im guessing), you're probably helping put good food in more people's bellies. that is always good; cheers to you.

Way to pass it on brother. Now to get him on here so he can show off what hes doing with it.
Jim

Passing it on to another person new to smoking is a great plan. you are a good man. I started on a WSM, learned a lot with it.

I lived in Denver for over 20 years...BBQ there was always just meh. Never found anyplace that as good. There was a Brothers near my condo, they were hit or miss, started pretty decent but slipped and I stopped going.

Nice job giving it to a friend, I have given away much of my equipment, or discounted it so much I was just about giving it away. But I won’t give up my Lang, that will go to my Son, or Grandson. To me there is nothing more satisfying than tending to a fire, drinking a few beers & having the neighbors over for BBQ. It’s hands on with the Lang, and I like that better than set & forget. However I have to add that I use my Smoke Vault more than the Lang. Especially for short smokes like wings, or ABT’s, when it’s just Judy & me.
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky