" Part 2 the cook " Beef Short Ribs Char Siu style ( Chuck short ribs ) " Part 2 added "

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Very nice, we do a steady diet of those seared up tasty meat treats.....but we are in a holding pattern cause the propane just comes out in liquid form as it is to cold to do searing Q.....

Thanks for the comment civil

Yes we really love short ribs, and this was no different. very good, and I will have again

It must be very cold for your propane to do that. That sucks

David

One fine hunk of work there David, a truly fine job! Watch out for that food coloring stuff, like a snake, what looks pretty can kill you. RAY

Reactions: DRKsmoking
so where are the pics David....lol waiting on this. Every time I do these ribs they are tough.....hoping you give some insight.

Thanks Cliff for the love and the comments
I see you answered the question yourself of where are the pics before I could get to you.

As for the short ribs , there is a fine line of not done enough ( and kind of tough ) to fall off or out of the bones and just right for me, sometimes it is hit and miss, For me it is a little more done is better, than med and tough, that is my way.

David

Reactions: clifish
Thanks Cliff for the love and the comments
I see you answered the question yourself of where are the pics before I could get to you.

As for the short ribs , there is a fine line of not done enough ( and kind of tough ) to fall off or out of the bones and just right for me, sometimes it is hit and miss, For me it is a little more done is better, than med and tough, that is my way.

David
Well, I will have give this cook a shot! Looks really awesome! I like your spicy side the best, but I think Bonnie is on Mona's side though...lol

One fine hunk of work there David, a truly fine job! Watch out for that food coloring stuff, like a snake, what looks pretty can kill you. RAY

Thanks Ray for the comment,
It was a good supper, and we both enjoyed our own kind of ribs, lol

I know what you mean on the food colouring, but I use in moderation

David

We eat those ribs often, mainly because they cook in a few minutes. BUt I would stand in line for yours. Looks delicious.

Thanks Ray for the like and the comment ,
they are good and can cook very fast, I tried to slow these down to grab some smoke and soak in the Char Siu. and it worked

David

Reactions: Nefarious
Well, I will have give this cook a shot! Looks really awesome! I like your spicy side the best, but I think Bonnie is on Mona's side though...lol

Yes it was good like i just mentioned to N Nefarious above they are good and can cook very fast, I tried to slow these down to grab some smoke and soak in the Char Siu. and it worked

And Mona is funny sometimes , says she hates spicy food and not crazy about smoked all the time either.. But I pick up Brothers Pepperoni in the stores and it is smoked and hot, but I catch her cutting off pieces and eating it , lol

David

Thanks for the comment civil

Yes we really love short ribs, and this was no different. very good, and I will have again

It must be very cold for your propane to do that. That sucks

David
Looks like you nailed this David! Oh yes it’s been cold!!! It’s been -14 F at dinner time here the last couple of days…..

Thanks
bauchjw bauchjw

For the like

David
Just saw you edited to update with pictures! Outstanding cook! It looks like it was incredible! I love that you guys do your own egg rolls and freeze. My wife always gets them from Trader Joe’s and the price makes it almost not worth doing my own. That being said, I’m sure yours taste better🤘 I haven’t tried the short ribs before, but see them in the store a lot lately. I’ll have to give it a go! Thank you for great post!

Looks like you nailed this David! Oh yes it’s been cold!!! It’s been -14 F at dinner time here the last couple of days…..

Thanks civil, it ended up really good , and I will used the Char Siu again on another type / cut of meat

That is way too cold, I really do not like the cold, especially like that

David

Reactions: civilsmoker
Just saw you edited to update with pictures! Outstanding cook! It looks like it was incredible! I love that you guys do your own egg rolls and freeze. My wife always gets them from Trader Joe’s and the price makes it almost not worth doing my own. That being said, I’m sure yours taste better🤘 I haven’t tried the short ribs before, but see them in the store a lot lately. I’ll have to give it a go! Thank you for great post!

Thanks Jed, yes late day but still made supper in the cold north air,
Yes we love the egg rolls, set up my big Betty Crocker Turkey fryer out side or in my shop to do them, not in the house. We normally make a few dozen at a time.
Short ribs are I would say in my top kind of ribs , anyway I have cooked them,
But just grilled with salt and pepper and Soya Sauce is the BEST. so I can't say anything to Mona for wanting hers that way yesterday

Try them and you will see, :emoji_yum: :emoji_yum:

David

Man the color of those on the grill is incredible! The finished with the sauce look to die for. You knocked this one out of the park. I tied those noodles and not for me. I look for this to be taking a ride up top.

Man the color of those on the grill is incredible! The finished with the sauce look to die for. You knocked this one out of the park. I tied those noodles and not for me. I look for this to be taking a ride up top.

Thanks Brian for the love and the comment

Nice of you to say , and I am note sure on the noodles either, hard to get past the rubbery texture.
Almost reminds me of skinny Gummy worms, :emoji_laughing: :emoji_laughing: 🤮

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky