Panini Maker - not just for samis

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyut

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2015
Colorado
Years ago my MIL gave us a panini maker. Which is cool and I do love a good panini. But its not something we made that often.

Now the more common use is grilled: burritos, folded wrap samis, quesadillas, etc. Makes these real good even without any spray oil.

I might be pate to the party on this…but just in case anyone has an underused panini maker. Think about it.

Reactions: bauchjw
I'm right there with you on this . Just seems it's never worth getting it out . I have done the other things you mention and agree that it's a great use for it .

Reactions: sandyut
Yup! They are versatile little gadgets. Split a sausage or hotdog down the middle. And use the press for it. Comes out great with some crunch on both the casing and the meat. Does hamburgers good too. Just watch your drip tray! And it reduces the spatter too.

Reactions: sandyut
We made some awesome breakfast burritos with ours, but a few years ago it migrated to the garage due to space and we haven’t been using it. May be something to resurrect? Thank you for the reminder!

Reactions: chopsaw
something to resurrect?
I think so . I have most of my stuff out where I can see it , and at arms reach . The press is in a base cabinet out of site .
I also have a " newer " George Foreman that acts the same , but doesn't have the compound hinge or clamp . It does have cooking plates that change out for different things .

Reactions: clifish and bauchjw
I think so . I have most of my stuff out where I can see it , and at arms reach . The press is in a base cabinet out of site .
I also have a " newer " George Foreman that acts the same , but doesn't have the compound hinge or clamp . It does have cooking plates that change out for different things .
I was going mention the Foreman, we do the same but like you say it would be nice if it had a compound hinge.

I was going mention the Foreman, we do the same but like you say it would be nice if it had a compound hinge.
I have a Foreman grill with stand growing old in the basement. Another commercial hype that I fell victim to. Didn't do anything right. Hot spots, cold spots, and overpriced.

I have a Foreman grill with stand growing old in the basement. Another commercial hype that I fell victim to. Didn't do anything right. Hot spots, cold spots, and overpriced.
We actually use ours, mostly for chicken when the weather is bad outside

Reactions: Steve H
I bought this one as a family gift several years ago . It's the Evolve . Has the cooking plates you can change out . Came with the grill plates and the waffle plates . Never really used it much . I just got it out and cleaned it up from sitting for at least 10 years . It does have the compound hinge on it , but says " Up to 1 inch "
Just might have to revisit this thing .

Reactions: clifish
Says it has a 90 second 500 degree sear .
Have to try a SV'd steak and see how it turns out .
1650218472025.jpeg

Reactions: Steve H
We have one. However I've never used it. My wife uses it often for steaks on nights that I'm working. In college I had a contraption called the Little Mac. It was similar to the Forman except the inside plate would cook a grilled cheese sammie on one side. The flip side would cook a hamburger. It wasn't bad for a college dorm room, and I was pretty popular on Friday nights.

Chris

1650241914339.png

Don't have any of these gadgets but curious of how many people are starting to think of gadgets they have and forgot about lol!

Ryan

So we have a Cuisinart panini maker that has been sitting in the pantry for ever. I’m getting it out & putting it on the counter & seeing what meals we can make with it. This could be fun!! :emoji_sunglasses:
Al

Reactions: chopsaw and sandyut
made this grilled burrito the other night. Homemade refried beans, chicken cheese and green chilis inside. and tomatillo salsa on the side there.
IMG_8069.jpg

I have an old George Foreman grill. Used to use it all the time but haven't used it for a few years now.

Used the Foreman to do a hot ham and cheese . Came out good . I mixed up some pizza dough last Friday . Yesterday I grabbed a hunk of it and used the George Foreman to grill it , then used that for a pizza . It was really good . I'll be making some for the freezer .
Used 350 for the temp . Needed to be a bit higher .
20220425_115033.jpg
Simple toppings , then under the broiler for a few minutes .
20220425_115714.jpg
20220425_121336.jpg

This had great chew . I need to make a bunch ahead of time .
sandyut sandyut I'm glad you started this thread .

Reactions: Brokenhandle
chopsaw chopsaw that is a great idea! You are very welcome.

We are using ours more now for everything but paninni’s and loving it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky