Paneer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

PolishDeli

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 9, 2018
Homemade Paneer.
This cheese is used in a lot of Indian dishes. It has a very mild flavor, similar to Queso fresco.
I used Gavin Webber’s process for this ()

Turns out great. This is by far the easiest cheese to make.
Recipe and pictures below.

Ingredients:
1gal whole milk
12 tablespoons Greek yogurt
8 tablespoons lemon juice

1.jpg

Bring The milk to a boil. Warm it slowly so the milk doesn't burn on the bottom of the pot, and so that the milk doesn't boil over.
I use an instant Pot on the “Yogurt” setting. Make sure the milk boils otherwise the curds don’t form properly. May need to turn on the Sauté cycle briefly to get it bubbling.
If you do use an instant pot for making cheese and/or yogurt, use separate gaskets for this than you’d use for meats. Otherwise your cheese will smell like old stew.
2.jpg

Once it's boiling, turn off the heat.
Add the yogurt, stir well, but gently. (it'll already start curding).
Then add the milk, and slowly stir for a couple of minutes.
3.jpg

Strain everything into a butter muslin-lined straining.
Wrap the curd up in the cloth and place it into a press.
Keep tightening it in increments until it reaches about room temperature.
4.jpg

Remove from the press and unwrap the paneer. That's it.
5.jpg

Cut it in half, vacuum seal, and freeze.
6.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Looks great. What are you going to make with it?
My oldest daughter brought some freshly made Paneer on a recent visit. We made Saag Paneer (Spiced sautéed Spinach with pan fried Cheese) and Garlic Naan. That was a very flavorful supper...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky