packer???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Here's a thread you can look through if you want .

Reactions: tallbm
thanks for the quick reply & support chopsaw. Not sure if its my imagination but this smart & final choice seems like it was rendering way more fat during the smoke compared to the first swift brand from walmart one I smoked in the pictures above, Also went alot smoother.....
We shall see, resting in the cooler....

tempImagebEfB1A.png

Last edited:
tempImagewWZ52c.png
Turned out ok, was trying to get just a little more pull to it vs total butter like my first brisket...
I wrapped it in a towel & cooler for think 1.5 hours.
Should have smoked it a bit longer & less rest time in this situation, had a few friends coming over.

Reactions: chopsaw
Didnt feel it was necessary to make a new thread asking about directly on the grate vs placing brisket on upper rack so hopefully some can chime-in:

Have a question for those that have experimented placing a brisket on the upper rack vs directly on the grate.
Pitboss pro 1100 pellet smoker has a large wide upper shelf with plenty of clearance for a brisket never utilized this shelf , not sure if it will be beneficial at all smoking a brisket.
This will be about my 4th brisket cook so ide say still an amateur when it comes to the brisket cooks...
I just purchased an 18 pound choice full packer from smart & final.

If you had the option of placing the brisket on the upper shelf would you take advantage of that?
Also ive always done fat cap down to protect meat from heat source & easier to render fat. will that change using upper rack?
thoughts?
Bought today, will leave in fridge & trim & season on Wednesday after work & start smoke Friday evening.....
insight please & thanks!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky