• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Overdue Brisket

dukeburger

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2009
I haven't been around in quite a while, it's been a crazy year and a half, but I won't get into it. I haven't smoked much of anything other than ribs and wings on my Weber kettle until now since 2017.

I picked up a small butcher cut/trimmed 6lb brisket on sale, rubbed with Wolfe Rub Bold. Tried injecting the flat this time but i don't think it made much of a difference. Turned the point end into burnt ends.

Braised all of the leftovers in the oven the next day in the drippings i saved and pulled all of it for sandwiches, country pie and hash.

Felt good to get back into it.

20190321_185705.jpg 20190322_223251.jpg

HalfSmoked

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Haven't lost your touch. Great looking job there.

Warren

dukeburger

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2009
Sadly I may be forced to sell my WSM, SJG and my spare older kettle. Not letting go of my Master-Touch though.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks