Original lang 60

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokedout13

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 8, 2013
Albany, OR
So I have come across an original lang 60. Its going to need a little work, possibly new grates, paint and tires. What would you say this is worth?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180912-214042_OfferUp.jpg
    Screenshot_20180912-214042_OfferUp.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 89
tires are not the issue....make sure bearings are good. As for the rest....probably ok....why does it need new grates?

More often than not you can't see what matters the most in an old used Lang because of years of build up and filth that remains after long forgotten cooks.

You pretty much need to scrape/powerwash do what you need to do in order to see every inch of the steel reverse flow plate and this is worth doing before you hand over the cash. Nasty job, especially doing it for someone else that didn't care enough to take care of it while they owned it but those filthy cookers are where the deals are.

Lang will recondition any of their smokers at a very fair price if getting it back to them and picking it up is feasible for folks close to the factory, aside from that a damaged plate is a deal breaker no matter how cheap it is.

I've seen some really nice well cared for 3rd generation 60's and 84's for sale a grand or more off new retail the last few months while looking for a 108, those are hard to beat for like new cookers at a substantial savings if your close to one of them.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky