Organizing BBQ accessories

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I ended up purchasing this outdoor kitchen island thing off Amazon.

View attachment 648736

Pro: it's waterproof and keeps anything inside it dry
Con: there are no internal shelves so everything is piled up inside

It is convenient for having all the usual stuff I need close to the grills (tongs, spatulas, fire-starters, etc.) but it's far from a complete solution.

I suppose that shelves could be added -- Good suggestion. They'd have to be free-standing inside it (like little end-tables or nightstands) because there's nothing inside to anchor shelves to.

Actually, my bigger concern is my charcoal (it's guaranteed to rain if I forget to bring them back to the porch!).

I also have one of those outdoor island thingies. I made a free-standing shelf for one side of the cabinet, kinda like an old monitor stand (remember those). Charcoal fits in the other side.

I've had it for 2 or 3 years now. It's partially under my porch roof but still gets wet when it rains. So far so good. The top is stainless steel, but it can discolor some and show brush marks from wiping it down.

I also have one of those outdoor island thingies. I made a free-standing shelf for one side of the cabinet, kinda like an old monitor stand (remember those). Charcoal fits in the other side.
Yup... definitely old enough to remember monitor stands! 😂
Still, that's a good idea -- I wonder if you can still get those someplace :emoji_thinking:
I've had it for 2 or 3 years now. It's partially under my porch roof but still gets wet when it rains. So far so good. The top is stainless steel, but it can discolor some and show brush marks from wiping it down.
I've noticed that my stainless steel top streaks too, but I just live with it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky