Orange Wood

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I use it but don't know where you can order some. I get mine from the orchards here in Florida.

The absolute best smoke I ever did was a month ago with my new Lang and nothing but 2 year old orange. I used 3-5" logs about a foot or so long. Orange doesn't really smoke, well, I mean it's not a real billowing type of smoke. Very TBS.

WC

One other person has told me the same thing. That they have had their best tasting smokes/cooking sessions when using orange wood. I want to get some and try it!!

I have a friend in Phoenix who expanded his driveway last year and removed a perfectly good orange tree. Wish I had known...

I'm currently looking into starting a company here in FL to provide good orange wood for smoking. Anybody have thoughts as to if it would be a good idea? Demand for it?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky