Orange Chicken, with Qview not smoked

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

erain

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 2, 2008
cental minnesota
needed something for supper, spent all day blowing snow and then working on snowmobiles, well all right did a bit of riding as well. anyway kinda hungry and didnt want to take the time to smoke anything. had these chicken breasts in the fridge.

trimmed the fat from them and cut into pieces.

needed to fry that chicken up, here we have flour, egg dip, and corn starch.

coat with flour first, then into the egg and then last in the corn starch.

in a pan with hot oil fry the checken pieces up, i used about 3 cups of oil. spose a deep fryer, fry daddy, or even a wok might be better than a plain pan like this but it was handy...

as you get pieces fried, about 6 minutes... set on plate with paper towels to drain.

for the orange sauce, orange juice, brown sugar, a little bit of sirracha hot sauce, some soy sauce, and a bit of ground ginger.

stir ingreds till all dissolved. i also chopped up the green onions in small pieces and set aside.

dumped the oil from the pan i fried the chicken in and wiped out, and poured the mixture into it and put on heat.

at same time i started some rice, i cheated and used minute rice so if using the real deal need to start sooner.

when sauce reaches boiling i added in thickner i made with corn starch and water.

keep stirring until sauce thickens, it dont take long...

add the chicken pieces to the sauce.

make sure all pieces get thouroughly coated with the sauce and the chicken is reheated thru.

add the green onions, flip the pan a few times if you dare to mix.

and serve over hot rice, like the flavor from the orange juice and the heat from the sirracha sauce. good stuff.

if interested for the sauce...
about
3 cups orange juice
3/8 cup brown sugar, was more than a 1/4, less than a half
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon sirracha
1 teaspoon ground ginger
for the thickner, 3 tablespoons corn starch with just enough water to make it pourable.
thks for cking my pics.   

icon_cool.gif

I don't care if thats not smoked there Erain but it sure looks mighty YummO to me. Great job

Wow!

Not hard to see how much better Chicken McErain is than the "other guy's stuff" !

Bear

Man that is some great looking chicken. Love the sauce too!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky