Opinions on Pellet grills

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
As long as there are big box stores, membership buying clubs, chain hardware stores and infomercials, some people will continue to buy Traegers no matter what they put into them.

With their market share, where really is Traeger’s motivation to move much further beyond what they offer already?

Very true, I bought mine based on 3 separate friends having them and making great food. Plus I was supporting my local Do It Best hardware. If I were to do it again, I'd gotten something clean off of the market place, and updated it to a PID. I tend to start modest and just concentrate on getting the mileage in, then once my tight-assed brain is validated, I'll swing for a higher quality piece.

Sorry, but I have to comment. You guys are funny in a ha ha way. Very entertaining comments on how and why a company makes marketing decisions without being privy to company information, goals, profit levels, etc. No disrespect intended to any of you or your comments, but i do find this discussion entertaining and good for some chuckles. Peace and good cooks to all y'all. :emoji_laughing:

Indeed it is.

You don’t need to see financials, a mission statement or a prospectus in order to see what’s driving this move.

Last edited:
I cant think of any other motivating factor. Its about getting more customers and more money.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky