Operation Prime Rib

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yes i love horseradish.  I got some at the store just for me, because no one else likes it, here.   There missing out!!   I would like to have it , if you have time.    Thanks Oz
Here you go !

Take one horseradish root recipe is not size specific.

1 Cup Vinegar

1/
cup Sugar

Peel root down to the white, then cube it up fairly small.

Put in a food processor with a little vinegar to blend easier.Blend to as smooth as possible.

* Do Not Stick Your Head Over It To Smell How Good It Is Or They Will Be Picking You Up Off The Ground  * ( Even Better If You Can Process It Outdoors.)

Heat up the rest on the vinegar and Sugar to a boil add a pinch of salt, Take off the stove and add the blended horseradish.  And Cool in fridge.

Add Sour Cream or Creme fresh to make creamy if you like it that way.

I dont like any store bought after having it like this. Let me know if you try it.

Here you go !

Take one horseradish root recipe is not size specific.

1 Cup Vinegar

1/
" class="bbcode_smiley" height="1" src="smileys/
" title="
" width="1" /> cup Sugar

Peel root down to the white, then cube it up fairly small.

Put in a food processor with a little vinegar to blend easier.Blend to as smooth as possible.

* Do Not Stick Your Head Over It To Smell How Good It Is Or They Will Be Picking You Up Off The Ground  * ( Even Better If You Can Process It Outdoors.)

Heat up the rest on the vinegar and Sugar to a boil add a pinch of salt, Take off the stove and add the blended horseradish.  And Cool in fridge.

Add Sour Cream or Creme fresh to make creamy if you like it that way.

I dont like any store bought after having it like this. Let me know if you try it.

1/
cup sugar right?

Thanks for showing,

Bear
No problem,  it was fun,  now that i can post pics, you guys will prob see me around.  My next smoke is going to be,  smoked baby backs,  with a spicy cherry glaze.   Im going camping this weekend,  and im bringing the smoker!!    
Ozzie, 

I figured I better warn you, since you are now addicted. Others who have this addiction go camping, and many remember to bring the smoker. The problem that could come with the addiction is remembering to bring the smoker, but forgetting to bring the wife!

Just sayin',

Bear

Ha, ha, she would not like that at all,  for last christmas she bought it for me,  when i asked her how she knew i wanted one.  she noticed one day i was drulling at the the line up.   it was a good gift.  smoking ever since.  BUT evreything i make she says it tastes the same.  like Bacon???  I think its the wood smoke,  that makes her think that,  but she said the prime rib did not taste like bacon.

Yup Quarter Cup!

That was strange did you get all that ok ?
yes i think so.  1 cup vin, a quarter cup sugar.   some root blended"""""DONT smell it.  """  with a little of the vin and heat up the left ove vin with sugar , Dab of salt and cool,   add sour cream.  Right?

They liked it.  My wife likes evreything med-rare,  and the kids didnt complain a bit.  they grabed those ribs , before i could finish even slicing.  next time I will pull it sooner.  like 135.  and see how that goes.  it was still pink,  but almost to done. 
 Great job Ozzie, That's why I pull at 130*. The internal temp continues to rise and you will end up with an overdone roast! But I'm a rare kind of guy :)  Still looks Great, Thanks for sharing 
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

i remember as a kid we would have to grind horseradish .......omfg....talk about a root that can kick you in the teeth before you eat it. however afer the preping and canning it was the favorite way to clear your sinuses when you had a cold.
icon_wink.gif

They liked it.  My wife likes evreything med-rare,  and the kids didnt complain a bit.  they grabed those ribs , before i could finish even slicing.  next time I will pull it sooner.  like 135.  and see how that goes.  it was still pink,  but almost to done. 
Smart kids, i told you those were the best part.  Awesome smoke, and glad to see the whole process all the way through.

Hey OzzieB I see you got the roast from the Butcher Shop in Eagle Point.  You must be from the Medford/Eagle Point area huh?  I am from Medford and am glad to see a fellow Rogue Valley resident on here!  Looks like a you had a great smoke.  Hit me up and say hi.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky