Ooni Memorial Day Sales

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yeah, they are a tad on the pricy side. But I really like them. Had the new fyra smoking yesterday. It puts out real nice pizzas. You can taste some wood flavor. And, I think it just cooks differently than the gas fired one.
P5300033.JPG

I have the 12 inch fyra and I haven't been able to get a good result with a thin-crust pie. I end up with a nicely cooked "top" but a crust that's not done on the bottom. I'm told by the Ooni folks that I need to close the damper to lower the temperature after the stone heats up so that the bottom spends more time on the hot stone before the top finishes.

Anyone here have any related experience?

I have the 12 inch fyra and I haven't been able to get a good result with a thin-crust pie. I end up with a nicely cooked "top" but a crust that's not done on the bottom. I'm told by the Ooni folks that I need to close the damper to lower the temperature after the stone heats up so that the bottom spends more time on the hot stone before the top finishes.

Anyone here have any related experience?
You checking to be sure the stone is at temp? If so. How hot are you getting it before you launch the pizza?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky