Onion Bombs...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks good. I was wondering what happened to the Onion Guts? I need to try these. If I can find my Corer and Melon Baller. My kids steal my tools and cookware...JJ
Thnaks, Jimmy. The onion "guts" have been vacuum sealed and frozen for another cook in the very near future.

• Love
Reactions: negolien
Maybe 1 bacon slice over the top too??? Or since that is burger, You could probably cook these upside down??? Let the onion keep the burger moist??
Maybe, but I think that either fattier burger or a sausage would help tremendously.
Very nice! Yum!
Thank you.
These look wonderful! Big like!
Thank you, Disco.
Nice!
Looks like my collection of rarely used gadgets is going to grow an apple corer...
Yeah, those 2 gadgets rarely get used around here, but the melon baller is also very good for scooping out the seeds and such in jalapeno peppers when making boats for ABTs :emoji_wink:

Those guys look awesome!
I think you are right about using Hot Italian Sausage.
I have some 1 lb. packages of it in the freezer & I think this would be a perfect July 4th meal.
Gonna give it a shot!
Thanks for motivating me!
Al
Thank you, Al. If I had not already had the burger, I was seriously considering the Italian sausage. Next time, that's the direction I'll take with maybe even a little tomato sauce and mozzarella on top. Try it this weekend and let me know how it turns out, please.

Those look delicious! Excellent work and very easy steps, thanks to your write up.

Maybe, but I think that either fattier burger or a sausage would help tremendously.

I'm not denying that at all... :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Anyway, you talked me into making these...
eat.gif

Yes sir! That looks good. I'd not even complain about the "onion breath" after eating that.

Jim

Today, by special request, I made these again only this time I used a 50/50 combination of regular breakfast sausage and hot Italian sausage, the other ingredients were the same. Smoked them the same, but this time I put Rotel Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles on some and nothing on some. The tomatoes went on when they were close to being finished. I then topped them all with sliced Cabot's Seriously Sharp Cheddar Cheese. I didn't take any pictures, but these were much better than before with the ground sirloin and I'll do them this way next time. Maybe use more hot sausage, but I was afraid of getting them too hot. Live and learn and adjust....

Couldn't you just slice the rings and pull them out in pieces? I'll have to try to see if it works out.👍

Yup those are awesome I have done em a couple times. try cutting the onions in have length wise and and using one half on each side of a meat mixture ball then wrapping whole thing with bacon. Super share though thanks buddy got me wanting to make em again lol. I sometimes use leaft over meatloaf for these and stuffed peppers.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky