One way to slow cook on a Weber Kettle... Pretty cool I think....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 12, 2010
Omak,Washington,U.S.A.
While searching for stuff I found this....  I find it very interesting...    Does anyone here use this cooking technique ??

Last edited:
Yes, I use a Slow N Sear accessory by abc bbq with my weber to help achieve the above.  Works great.  Oh and yes for the foiled lower grate in the cooler area where there is no charcoal.

Last edited:
Like Cmayna I have had great success with the Slow-n-Sear. Before getting it I used the matching Weber smoking charcoal holders that are intended to sit either side of the meat. 

Cmayna mentioned something I found important and want to be sure others understand. The foil on the lower grate seals off air flow through that grate except for under the SnS. Therefore, the air coming in the lower vent ports must all go  through the SnS. The lower port is only open maybe a 1/4" max for each of the three slots and the top air control is only open 1/4 . Air control is easy and makes for consistent temp control. Last time I set it up I got three hours steady 250 with steady TBS from the pecan chunks.

The other trick is to use four large alligator clips to hold the lid tight to the base to stop air leakage.

Like this.....
a3ca44cc4778da7f9f4eb41e3fae4755.jpg

And here's the foil covering the lower grate

1e3a1bc085d01dd2447348f25a758799.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've done similar setups with foil only, no SnS.

Man, I just got a vortex, do I need to get another gadget for the Weber? 

I am going to steal that upper damper mod. I'm a little tired of doing the ninja swipe to move a hot damper..

I ordered a sns and its supposed to be here friday. Untill now ive always used the minion setup with a large foil pan under the meat.Good to know about the foil on the charcoal grate. Cmayna do you fill the water resevoir

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky