One Small Prime Rib = 3 Very Nice Ribeyes. (Ninja Smart Grill)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Bear,
This is something I've been wondering about. I've got a 10 pound prime rib roast in the freezer since last year, and I'm not sure when the family and friends will start returning for visits.

Can I defrost the prime rib roast, cut it into steaks, and then refreeze them?

Fully defrost? Partially defrost? Keep frozen and use a saw?
Thanks.

That's what I'm doing with these & other Prime Ribs.
I'm completely thawing them, Slicing them, Grilling one & freezing the others.
It's not a safety concern, and some people claim it effects the quality of the meat, but I have never noticed any difference.

Bear

You nailed that steak John! I pretty sure I have some of that sauce unopened some where. Going to have to dig it out.

Thank You Brian!!
Yup---Give it a try---I think you'll like it.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Nice looking ribeye john. Glad you are enjoying that sauce

Thank You Jake!!
Pretty good stuff!
I still like my Teriyaki too. I'm thinking about maybe mixing the two.

Bear

Mighty fine looking steaks there John.

Point for sure
Chris

Absolutely beautiful Bear!! That's as beautiful a steak as anybody could ever ask for. Very well done once again my friend!!

Robert

Nice cook on that one . Perfect edge to edge , and just the way I like 'em .
I just did a couple from the whole ribeye . They really hit the spot .

Thank You Rich!!
You I saw that post the other day---Looked Great!!

Bear

Very Nice John!

I have some flanken ribs soaking in that marinade now. I had to get it Weises in Honesdale, could not find it locally in NY. Thanks to you and @TNJAKE for the recommendation.

Thank You Sir!!
We used to eat Breakfast every April, first day of Trout Season, in Honesdale, at "Cordaro's", at about 6:30 AM. (Sausage, Eggs & Home Fries) On our way to "The Little Equinunk"
Those were Great Days!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: clifish
Thank You Rich!!
You I saw that post the other day---Looked Great!!

Bear

Thank You Sir!!
We used to eat Breakfast every April, first day of Trout Season, in Honesdale, at "Cordaro's", at about 6:30 AM. (Sausage, Eggs & Home Fries) On our way to "The Little Equinunk"
Those were Great Days!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear
My friend had a hunting lodge in Equinunk called Twin Spruce, very cool place.

Those Ribeyes are excellent, John. Perfectly cooked, that Ninja and you never disappoint. Love the thickness too. Exactly the way I like them. I also got a jar of that marinade. Haven't used it yet. Wonder how it is on Chicken thighs. Great work as always.

Thank You Mike!!
The Ninja book says the meat must be at least 1 1/4" thick to use the Smart Probe accurately. This one was 1 1/4" thick& it worked Great, but I did one that was only about 1", and it seemed to work good enough. That's why I won't Temp probe BabyBacks or Spares, looking for an accurate Internal Temp. Too thin & bones too close together.

I gotta try that stuff on chicken too, but I think I'll start with basting with it.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Absolutely beautiful Bear!! That's as beautiful a steak as anybody could ever ask for. Very well done once again my friend!!

Robert

Thank You Robert !!
This Ninja Smart Grill really does make Great Steaks, when I just give it it's head.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky