One of the best things about smoking a lot of food is...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
...enjoying the company of friends and family while gathered around the smoker drooling waiting for the food to be ready

For me it is the entire process.  Getting up at 2:00 AM to get the smoker up and going.  The first smell of smoke in the early morning.  Rubbing the meat and getting my hands dirty.  That little nap you take in between checking on the meat.  Pulling out a perfect pork butt from the smoker, and shredding it easily while taking plenty of sample bites.  Most importantly, seeing the smiles on people's faces when they are enjoying what took me a full day to prepare. 

For me it is the entire process.  Getting up at 2:00 AM to get the smoker up and going.  The first smell of smoke in the early morning.  Rubbing the meat and getting my hands dirty.  That little nap you take in between checking on the meat.  Pulling out a perfect pork butt from the smoker, and shredding it easily while taking plenty of sample bites.  Most importantly, seeing the smiles on people's faces when they are enjoying what took me a full day to prepare. 

X2 & having that first beer when you fire up the smoker!   
beercheer.gif

[quote name="SmokinAl" url="/forum/thread/105277/one-of-the-best-things-about-smoking-a-lot-of-food-is#post_617785"]

beercheer.gif

[/quote]

Oh shoot! Forgot about the beer. In my house if I don't have a beer in my hand when I am smoking or grilling, my wife says I'm doing it wrong.

One more thing to add to the above- tearin that first piece of bark off to snack on. Best bite ever.

beercheer.gif

Oh shoot! Forgot about the beer. In my house if I don't have a beer in my hand when I am smoking or grilling, my wife says I'm doing it wrong.

One more thing to add to the above- tearin that first piece of bark off to snack on. Best bite ever.

Your right about the bark too!

Last edited:

When I was a complete smoking virgin, I called the father of my Bro-in-law who I knew smoked meat all the time.  I told him I had just inherited a smoker and was getting ready to cook a chicken and a brisket.  He said, "hang on, I'll be right over."  When he got there, I already had a beer in hand, and he says, "Well son, you're off to a good start." 
biggrin.gif

Hearing people who get some of the overage say, "I never tasted anything even close to as tasty as that!"

And hanging out with such a great bunch as those on this forum!

Bear

Trying new things with the leftovers that many would not consider using smoked meats for like Pizza, Enchiladas, Soups...etc

That and filling the freezer with goodies for another day.

Good thread!

such a good thread.......

for me....i have to go with the process as well, and watching the reaction on peoples faces when its better than they expected. i like getting those phone calls...."what ya cooking for the game this weekend?" i love waking up on a saturday, pulling a slab of some kind of meat outta the fridge that has been prepared the night before....firing up the smoker, the smell filling the yard and house...running to the store to get the one thing i forgot, then taking the day as it comes. then of course.....once the process is stable, and its not TOO EARLY(past 10 a.m.).....popping open the bourbon, i am in kentucky...its a staple in my house.

brainstorming all week and that first taste of bark rank in there as well.

Hearing people who get some of the overage say, "I never tasted anything even close to as tasty as that!"

And hanging out with such a great bunch as those on this forum!

Bear
Man aint that the truth - people have no idea what good food comes out of a smoker.

You know it's funny, my smoker won't even start unless I poor a cold one first. Weird, huh?

I have the same problem LOL

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky