Old Timer New Here

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Capt greg

Original poster
Oct 21, 2019
Hey all I’m Captgreg from Fl Keys I’m new here so be gentle.
I just purchased a #22 grinder and don’t know why I didn’t get one years ago, also made 12 lbs Summer Sausage and 10 lbs Breakfast Sausage I forgot what I been missing oh by the way I’m a old school butcher .

Reactions: jcam222
Welcome aboard Cap! With a grinder like the one you bought sounds like some serious meat will be going down the hopper, #22 is a beast. RAY

Welcome aboard Cap! With a grinder like the one you bought sounds like some serious meat will be going down the hopper, #22 is a beast. RAY
You know I tried the Kitchenaid and if you do 10 lbs or less they are ok but being a Market Mgr at one time there is no comparison to#8 #12 #22 or bigger.
I use Legg’s Old Fashion seasoning for 50 years but sure seams like they are adding more salt?

Yeah, I hear you about the gear Cap. I've been making sausage for about 25 years and as a retired union carpenter I learned a long time ago that quality tools make for a easier and better job. I usually make 25 pound batches of sausage, here's a link to my effort of a few days ago.

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/italian-sausage-w-cabernet-garlic.291696/#post-2010215

I've been getting all my seasoning and curing goods from PS Seasonings for the last decade or so, always been happy with the quality and repeatability of their products. Take a few pics of your projects, always love seeing some action shots. RAY

Welcome Captain. It’s a great place and glad your here. I’ll be tuned in to see what goodies you make. I am going to enter the party to make sausage soon.

Some I done last week all the friends and family have to come get some.

Attachments

• 69BEFF9C-6425-488D-B5D5-6A051C357ECC.jpeg
    69BEFF9C-6425-488D-B5D5-6A051C357ECC.jpeg
    73.8 KB · Views: 14
  • F0B049CF-75BD-420D-8CE9-42A69316DA36.jpeg
    F0B049CF-75BD-420D-8CE9-42A69316DA36.jpeg
    38.5 KB · Views: 16
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky