Old Bay

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 11, 2015
Maryland Eastern Shore
Well if your from Maryland you know all about Old Bay and Maryland to be exact Baltimore is the beginning home of Old Bay. Now there is something new coming from the Old Bay line in about 30 days they will be selling Old Bay Hot Sauce.

Warren

Reactions: jcam222
Well if your from Maryland you know all about Old Bay and Maryland to be exact Baltimore is the beginning home of Old Bay. Now there is something new coming from the Old Bay line in about 30 days they will be selling Old Bay Hot Sauce.

Warren

First batch is sold out. People on E-bay want 50.00 a bottle for it. I'll wait a month.

• Wow
Reactions: jcam222
First batch is sold out. People on E-bay want 50.00 a bottle for it. I'll wait a month.
Don't you know...it's vintage or rare! Just like all the thousands of pieces of cast iron on Ebay. I'll wait right along with you, prolly more than a month tho

Ryan

Reactions: Steve H
Sweet, I think a bottle will find a home in the pantry for sure! If you haven't tried it, a tsp or 2 of old bay in sausage cream gravy for biscuits and gravy is Pure Perfection!

12oz breakfast sausage, seared and crumbled while cooking, I use a fork and knife
When crumbled sausage has a nice sear all around, add 1/4c flour & butter and cook the flour for a bit. Then add:
2C Milk
1C Cream
Cook med low heat till it thickens and rolls - then back to low simmer
Season with 1-2 tsp old bay, 1tsp rubbed sage, salt & pepper.....generously pour over a fresh baked biscuits and add an SSup egg or two........Bingo?

Biscandgravey.jpg

Last edited:
I've been using this more often than the regular.My Tot addiction lead me to the 30% less sodium, as the Tots already have sodium in them.The regular is too salty on the Tots for the amount of flavor I seek.
Mix some in a bottle of Frank's?

1580427462452.png

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky