Okay, Something is Screwy with Email Notifications

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I got one alert email this morning---None since, but there are 27 on the alerts list on my screen.

Bear

I was gonna say this but keep forgetting… now I remember.

I watch a subforum and stopped getting notifications on new postings there. I get the ones on threads I have started and add to, just not the “watch” that is on the entire sub-forum. Stopped get them at least a couple weeks ago??

I haven't gotten a single email notification in 4 weeks now. I've PM'd admins like we are supposed to. They do reply fast which I appreciate. Still no fix. I check my spam folder hourly as I'm on this thing 16 + hours a day. I went on this Forum earlier and there were 16 notifications waiting here, I never got an email.

I wish my email notifications would stop lol. I supposedly have them disabled but get them anyway. I understand why some want/need them but I don't. Would rather not have my inbox filled with tons from smf

Reactions: Bearcarver
I wish my email notifications would stop lol. I supposedly have them disabled but get them anyway. I understand why some want/need them but I don't. Would rather not have my inbox filled with tons from smf

Maybe the program is a little like me---Gets tired quickly.
And by the time it's done sending you all those emails you don't want, it's too tired to send the ones others want.???

Bear

Reactions: TNJAKE
Here is a strange one.
I get all of my email notifications and in a timely matter EXCEPT for this thread.
I had to find them in the ALERTS list.
Screenshot 2022-03-25 205055.png
This is supposed to be a watched thread.
Did I do something to block notifications?

I used to get emails but it was too much redundancy with alerts so I went to preferences and unchecked all email boxes. I want the alerts so all those boxes are checked except persistent alerts so one alert per thread vs one for every post. Then under home under watched forums uncheck emails and under watched threads under manage watched threads disable emails, then no emails will be sent. After last tweeking my watched threads email was turned on so you have look at preferences, watched forums and watched threads to get or omit what emails you want and check spam whenever you stop getting emails if you want them.

Reactions: MJB05615
I've done and undone all of that, still not gotten eve one email notification in 4 + weeks now. Never happened this long in 4 years.

I used to get emails but it was too much redundancy with alerts so I went to preferences and unchecked all email boxes. I want the alerts so all those boxes are checked except persistent alerts so one alert per thread vs one for every post. Then under home under watched forums uncheck emails and under watched threads under manage watched threads disable emails, then no emails will be sent. After last tweeking my watched threads email was turned on so you have look at preferences, watched forums and watched threads to get or omit what emails you want and check spam whenever you stop getting emails if you want them.

That's all too confusing to me. I'm just glad mine works good enough the way it's set, so I don't have to get in there & really screw it up!

Bear

Reactions: dr k
Lmao bullying? That's about as woke as it gets. Especially when you say the people who are bullying are asking questions for food safety sake. Food safety used to be important here. As it should be. Sometimes you have to ask some questions to get someone to tell you what's going on. Otherwise it's a crapshoot and not worth anybody's time. I see people take food safety, especially curing, very seriously. Never see anyone out of line with their answers. Bullying.....lmao
I've done and undone all of that, still not gotten eve one email notification in 4 + weeks now. Never happened this long in 4 years.
The error message we are getting on the mail server is that your ISP is rejecting them because you marked them as spark/junk.

The error message we are getting on the mail server is that your ISP is rejecting them because you marked them as spark/junk.
How's that possible? I don't know how to even do that. Maybe if I try to sign in via chrome instead of firefox?
I check my spam hourly every hour every day. Weird, thanks for the reply. I haven't changed anything in years.

Reactions: Fueling Around
How's that possible? I don't know how to even do that. Maybe if I try to sign in via chrome instead of firefox?
I check my spam hourly every hour every day. Weird, thanks for the reply. I haven't changed anything in years.
Years ago, I used to get a lot of kickback when my ISP was blacklisted for SPAM hosting (I don't remember the actual term the techies used)

Here's a great one. I'm away from home so instead of using a PC based email app I use the ISP web based email.
Guess what shows up in the SPAM folder? Emails from my ISP.

Years ago, I used to get a lot of kickback when my ISP was blacklisted for SPAM hosting (I don't remember the actual term the techies used)

Here's a great one. I'm away from home so instead of using a PC based email app I use the ISP web based email.
Guess what shows up in the SPAM folder? Emails from my ISP.
That's funny. I never use my phone. I only go on when home and on my PC. I'm just more comfortable this way. And I do a lot of my work from my home PC. I'm one of those nuts that uses my phone as a phone more than anything else, lol.

That's funny. I never use my phone. I only go on when home and on my PC. I'm just more comfortable this way. And I do a lot of my work from my home PC. I'm one of those nuts that uses my phone as a phone more than anything else, lol.

I'm like that too, but the cord on my phone is not very long. :emoji_wink:

Bear

• Haha
Reactions: MJB05615
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky