Ok Tequila drinkers. What's your favorite?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Very few mentions of that Cuervo rot. Even the Mexicans don't drink it but it is carried in all the stores in Mexico because it is all the gringos know
The only one worth mentioning is the Cuervo Riserva de la Familia. Pretty shocking this comes from the same company that puts out that swill. If you get a chance, try it.

I enjoy a lot of spirits but Tequilla is definitely not one of them.

But Cava de Oro Extra Anejo is possibly one of the best things I have ever drank.
Mentioned previously - Clase Azul is quite nice too.

cava-de-oro-extra-anejo-3-copy.jpg

Reactions: FreshAir_in_NOVA
I don't drink anything expensive since I make taquella sunrises, which is my #1 drink of all time.

I usually get El Jimador Anejo. Darker the better. I have no problem drinking El Jimador straight either.

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Fun two-year old resurrection. Tequila was my sipper for years, but when it went through price hikes in the 2005-10 period, I started moving on to whisky/bourbon/whiskey. Thankfully, there's enough inexpensive yet tasty bourbon and rye to weather the current pricing insanity.

Back then, though, Herradura Anejo was my sipper of choice, along with a lot already mentioned on the first page of posts. And believe it or not, the Trader Joe's store brand of anejo and reposado was dang good, and cheap. They changed suppliers around 2013-14 and the flavor wasn't the same. I still have one unopened bottle of their reposado I'll open if my wife wants a margarita.

Last edited:
Reactions: FreshAir_in_NOVA
Here's another one I've found recently. Only found it once though.

large_compare__product-307115-e8806f67-870c-401d-8600-aea985a8139f.jpg

At 100 proof. It does have a bite!

Reactions: Winterrider
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky