Ok, now I suddenly have ???? (Cross Posted to CharGrillers Group also)

  • Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.


Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 14, 2016
Hurricane, Utah
Hi Gang!  

I know I have been MIA for a while, but have had a injured FurBaby, so had to delay getting my new Smoker.

Hubby is going to attempt to get it for me in December.

SO, I need  advice on things like which Brand of Thermometers for the lid, and what you would call the rope insulation for around the doors.

I have found 2 packs of the Thermometers for the lid but not sure which brand is better, and how long should the Probe be??  I have found different lenghts of probes, anywhere from 2 1/2 all the way to 6 inch!

I have found these:


or this one


or this is a 3 pack


Replace all 3???

Is this the Permatex Gasket I need? or the Red Stuff??


Is this the type of rope gasket I need?


ot is this ok?


These gaskets say they are Fiberglass, is that ok around food?

I know I am asking a lot, but all of a sudden I have questions as to which I should order!

Help pretty please!
I can't help you with your thermometer question,

'cause I just never messed with them.

The rope gasket for any wood stove will work just fine for you though.

If you want to glue it in they will sell gasket glue for it.

Permatex red is food safe after it cures for a few hours.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts