• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Ok Joe Highland Firebox Door

mnolan1682

Joined Aug 21, 2016
Thinking about installing a different door on the side of the firebox. One that would be larger and more towards the top so that I could add sticks without opening the top door and loosing all the heat. Thinking of using a 55 gal drum heater kit door. Anyone done this or have any advice? Also want to add conduit in the cook chamber to run temp probs. Is there a conduit that has a membrane or something in it to help make it more air tight?

joe black

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 25, 2015
Welcome from SC. It's good to have you on this great site. You need a 1/2" conduit cable entrance connector. You can find them at Lowe's in the electrical dept for a couple of bucks. A number of the custom builders use this and mine works great.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.