Oh no they lost another customer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

joefresh

Original poster
Dec 20, 2011
Clinton Twp, MI
Here is my first try at making bacon. First off i want to thank the guys who help me get started with this bacon "THANKS".

I picked up 24lbs of bellies and decided to do only half  just incase.
bb12c303_IMG_20111223_114635.jpg

First I mix up some of pops wet cure. Put bellies in for 10 days in the fridge.
d2fa27ad_IMG_20111223_114852.jpg

After 10 days I rinsed them off and soaked for an hour, than tested them, everything seemed ok.
c23624ba_DSC09578.jpg

Put back in fridge till next day. Than put in smoker for about 9 hrs.
cdd393b0_DSC09581.jpg

Back in fridge for day and a half, sliced up ready to vacuum seal and put in freezer. First pic is about 1/3 of what I did a little short with the meat. It was the first piece I slice and was disappointed, but the other 2/3 looked great.
ad8964b2_DSC09582.jpg
1a7610ef_DSC09583.jpg

Can you guess whats for dinner.

I guess I won't be buying bacon any more.

It looks great…..Pops recipe is so simple and a fantastic way for anyone to get started making their own bacon……Even I have tried started making my own bacon …….. Again, Great looking bacon!!!!  Did you only use Pops recipe or did you add anything to it ?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky