Oh My!, Chicken Thigh - 3 ways, 3 new rubs/sauces

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

walle

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 21, 2009
Fruita, Colorado
After receiving my package form BBQ E, I've been jazzed to try some of my new score.

Going to be hitting the grill with some thighs this afternoon and give'em this:

Left - Marinaded in ID, will season with garlic salt and finish with Salt Lick BBQ - a mustard based sauce.

Middle - straight up Squeal!

Right - mixture of The Squeal, Tiger Sauce and Franks for some buffalo thighs.

I'll give updates after these bad boys hit the grill mid afternoon.
Thanks for checking out my post - I can't wait to try out this new stuff from BBQ Engineer.

Thanks,
Tracey

I am hoping the winds are out of the west today.. Think the smell will get across the divide??

Looks like one heck of a good lunch ahead!

I'm ready! Just let me know when they're done.
biggrin.gif

Thanks Fourthwind! not much wind over here today... so I just have to tell you it smells GOOOOD!

Start up the truck and head West, RIGHT NOW!
icon_mrgreen.gif

They're on! and a sausage in the smoker.
Italian with garlic to be finished with Salt Lick in the rear,

Straight squeal in the middle.

Squeal, Tiger Sauce, and Franks in the front (marinaded in aproximately five shakes of each). These will go into a bath of 50/50 Franks and Tiger when they are finished, then back on the grill.

Back after while with the money shots!
Thanks for checking out my post - can't wait to try these with this new stuff! Had to sample the Salt Licks and I'm telling you, Keith, I should just come and get that extra bottle back from you right now. Don't even try it. Trust me - just hand it over! WOW! a tangy, spicy, sweet kinda something that I've never tasted.

If this Mr. Salt Lick and Mrs. Yoshida where ever to....

Tracey

progress.gif

Dang, I can't even get that sauce out to try it. Took relatives to the airport and they wanted to stop at Applebees for lunch. It sucked, but I ate it any way so now I'm too filled up to make my pulled pork enchiladas.
biggrin.gif

Damn Relatives! You shoulda put them in a cab and sneaked out the back!

Besides WOW and YUM, here are some other ways I would describe these thighs...

DAMN GOOD! I can't thank BBQ E enough for sending these new tastes and flavors my way. The Squeal is just perfect for chicken, can't wait to try it on pork - spicey, sweet, salty.. and something else delish in there I can't put my tongue on.

Tiger Sauce - OMG! I just thought my "Franks" wings were good - using both took me to an whole different level, and finally found that ZING I was looking for.

Salt Licks... DAMN! Right now, this is my new favorite sauce... and I still haven't gotten to Dana's fav - Rudys... so I can't imagine how that is going to be.

On to the finish!

Tiger and Frank getting ready to mix it to finish off the buffalo thighs... (aproximately the same amount of grams each!
lol.gif
)
Could just be a coincidence, but that looks a lot like Yin and Yang to me...

Grilled the thighs on a low fire ~ 225 for an hour.
Here they are ready for sauce

Back - Italian and Salt Lick
Front - Frank and Tiger
First sauce

Second Sauce

Done!

Shot of the final take

And my dinner

Many thanks to BBQ E for his taste and generousity.
Dana, you've opened me up to a whole new BBQ Taste world!

Tracey

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky