Oh, heck. Another beef bacon thread!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Using apple pellets on this batch.
Got a couple spots on it. Opened the dampers more for better air flow. I cut those spots out.

Thanks Brain!

Lol! Thanks Don! These spots will sometimes happen when cold smoking. I've had it happen with cheese before as well. It is creosote. Not dangerous or anything. But, it is pretty bitter tasting. Don't ask me how I know. Since you are cold smoking. It'll create a little heat. Which can cause condensation to collect on the top of whatever you're using to cold smoke. And can drip down onto the product.
That looks really good.
I've been using apple more and more lately. Wife likes it better than others.

I got the drips back when I cold smoked in Big Chief. I learned to put a thin board under 1 end so the condensate rolled to one side. After switching to the kettle, the dome self clears.

Great looking Beef Bacon Steve.
Like you said above , your making it and you know what you put into it , so home made is all around a good thing.

And pretty to look at.

PS: I to like the bacon on the thicker side.
David

That looks really good.
I've been using apple more and more lately. Wife likes it better than others.

I got the drips back when I cold smoked in Big Chief. I learned to put a thin board under 1 end so the condensate rolled to one side. After switching to the kettle, the dome self clears.
Thanks! And thanks for the tip too.

Great looking Beef Bacon Steve.
Like you said above , your making it and you know what you put into it , so home made is all around a good thing.

And pretty to look at.

PS: I to like the bacon on the thicker side.
David
Thanks David!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Some fine looking bacon Steve!! The color you got in that stuff is incredible. Sweet little smoker you have there...and I guess you know not to sweat the spots. I get one once in a while while in the cure. They just scrub off and I keep going. Very nice job my friend.

Robert

Some fine looking bacon Steve!! The color you got in that stuff is incredible. Sweet little smoker you have there...and I guess you know not to sweat the spots. I get one once in a while while in the cure. They just scrub off and I keep going. Very nice job my friend.

Robert
Thanks Robert!

The wait is over!

IMG_20230325_102758863.jpg

IMG_20230325_102805907_HDR.jpg

This is some delicious stuff! I cooked it low and slow as recommended. Thanks, Robert, for giving me the chance to make. And try it. I'm going to use the rest of the belly for more bacon. With different smoke and spices.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky