Offset with vertical chamber.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Newbster3000

Original poster
Apr 17, 2021
Hello all! I’ve been using offset for sometime now and had the opportunity to purchase a used smoker with a chamber. It’s a old Brinkmann when they were built with 1/4 in steel. Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Attachments

• 0BCC73F8-A8EE-48F6-86B8-C7E5BE6B5E69.jpeg
    0BCC73F8-A8EE-48F6-86B8-C7E5BE6B5E69.jpeg
    166.4 KB · Views: 50
Reactions: SCBBQ
The rust on that makes me hurt, but if it’s 1/4” steel it’s probably ok. Do you know somewhere you can have that rust sandblasted away and the surface refinished? should be good for years with some TLC.

The rust on that makes me hurt, but if it’s 1/4” steel it’s probably ok. Do you know somewhere you can have that rust sandblasted away and the surface refinished? should be good for years with some TLC.
Yeah it’s a lot but I think I can use DA sander then use some canola on it when it’s hot. I will post a update picture after reconditioning.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky