NYE Pork Butts on the Smokin-It#3

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dert

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Apr 3, 2013
MPLS MN
It's a chilly -2.4*F here in MN this AM...

Started with this:

Rubbed down with some Ogeechee Meat Market rub from Savannah, GA:

Last edited:
In at 11:00 AM, should be done in time for midnight!

4:30 and up to 146*F...-6*F outside.

Last edited:
About 164...-11*F outside.

Last edited:
Don't think you're going to come close to that Midnight target  
biggrin.gif

I think I've hit the "stall", currently employing the "Texas Crutch" and foiled them...

Not sure there's enough BTU's though...

Pulled one and will finish it off in the neighbors oven @400... The other got set outside to cool...

Dang nab it man that looks great and COLD & Hope that is not the middle finger LOL

Happy New Years to ya

A full smoker is a happy smoker

Pulled one and will finish it off in the neighbors oven @400... The other got set outside to cool...
Nothing wrong with that.   I probably would have actually turned the temp down a little bit and then gone to bed.   "You don't want to be ready in 12 hours?  FINE, I'll cook you for 18 to 20 then  :)   :)

Last edited:
Out of the oven just before 12:00AM@ 202*F-

Coated in some of the famous finishing sauce...

Pulled pork Sammie's...

Last edited:
Even better than 3 months ago...

I see these were $1.79/lb in Dec, now they're up to $2.29/lb in March??!! $2.35 in September...

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky