Now smoking 2 butts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bearswoodshop

Fire Starter
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 31, 2005
Central Indiana
Well, I got an earlier start compared to my first butt. The first was put on at 9 am and not done until 11:30 at night.
I had these 2 on a 5:30 this morning. I decided to try 2 butts, with 2 different rubs. One with my southwest spicy mustard and BBQ spice rub, and the other with only Tony Chacheres creole season. I can't wait to taste the results. I plan on using a finishing sauce on both. Here is a picture at about 3 hrs in, (had to spray them anyway). :lol:
It seems as though my camera date stamp needs reset.

14 hrs later, perfect results, the GOSMS held a steady 235 all day. Our temp here yesterday was about 26 to 32 during the 14 hrs cook time, and man it's really nice to know you don't have to worry about the cooker, just settle it down, and walk away.
The Creole season was OK, but the troops voted for the homemade "Bears Rub" hands down. I also used my modified version of the finish sauce, and well, they ate half the butt just tasting it. On the left is Bears Rub and the right is the Creole, they both came out sooooooo tender and almost no fat remained. Thanks for all your help guys, a wealth of information on this site. BEAR
I thought the date was fixed, guess I'll have to get one of the kids to do it.

Those look great bear! 8) I didn't have breakfast this morning .... BUT .... 40 more minutes til lunch and I brought some pulled pork with me today. MAN I"M HUNGRY! :D

Bear,
I'd say you've produced some fine chow. And by the way, I agree with you on Jeff's finishing sauce. It really adds a lot to pulled pork. Good post and please contiue to keep us on board. Also, I really like the pictures. One of these days, I'm going to bite the bullet and learn how to do that. I have the digital camera, I just need to work through the process.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky