Not one damned picture

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

OldSmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 5, 2020
Oregon
IMG_0834.JPG

Ok, one picture. It has nothing to do with smoking, but I know how visual everyone is. This was from last summer.

It was a joint effort. I was on the hors d'oeuvres and bacon wrapped filet mignons, Mrs Smoke was on the salads, chocolate mousse and baked potatoes.

We started out with a pulled pork dip using Jeff's recipe accompanied with French Champagne. Rose of course. As the bottle went dry, everything finished at the same time. Actually we planned it that way. But, that left zero time for photos. The steaks were dusted with SPOG and a little Worcestershire sauce about four hours in advance. One hour before smoking, I put them in the freezer. The smoker was running at 225 on apple. In they went until 120 IT. Out they came, tented for ten minutes before going on the grill running red hot. Two minutes searing with cross hatch on both sides, off at 130. Rested for a bit while pulling together the spinach, Oregon blue cheese, and candied walnut salads. With the baked potatoes, I paired it with a 2014 Oregon Pinot. Followed by her home-made dark chocolate and Brandy mousse. I'm glad we ate in.

I then pledged my undying love to this woman. As I have for over forty years.

Truly romantic. Impressive. I am not even in the same ball park. I'm a physicist, my wife is an engineer. We just sat at the table and agreed, it is probably time, we were together for about 2.5 years.

I stand in awe, I can't even imagine me coming up with this. Awesome.

Thanks for the likes! Those might have been the best steaks we have made yet.

Oh, and nice boat by the way, surely doesn't compare with Mrs Smoke.

She is my mistress (the boat). No comparison.

Sounds perfect! That is your boat isn’t it?

Yes. She was a project boat that I restored. We sail in the Puget Sound and San Juans in Washington state.

Yes. She was a project boat that I restored. We sail in the Puget Sound and San Juans in Washington state.
Sounds amazing. We visited Friday Harbor last fall for the first time. Beautiful coast up there. I used to sail with my dad as a kid. Miss those times. Enjoy the wind and the water

Thank you for sharing, I'm inspired! Our 30th coming up at the end of the month.

Very cool!

That looks allot like the Cat 36 (except for the windows) my parents & brother sailed 14 days in the inside passage of AK south of Juneau. My brother had a C&C 27 that he got out of the Puget Sound that I crewed on for "off shore" races on the Great Salt Lake (24 hour races). I also crewed on a J-22 in buoy races for a couple of years....Man I miss sailing a lot!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky