not happy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tyotrain

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
Upstate new york
Well we just have to except it we can't make everyone happy when we cook i found that out first had.
PDT_Armataz_01_19.gif

sup tyotrain????  i dont try and worry about others too much. anything you want to expand on???

I cook to what i like and tough chit if the rest don't like it. now if i am cooking for profit i try to let the person paying the tab taste my smokes before hand to make sure it's what they want.

I try to be sensitive to the needs of the folks that come over to a extent. In the end its a free meal for them and they can deal. I wont go to their home and complain about what they cooked me.

I did a cook for a Bday party for a group in my home town they have had my BBQ many times. long story short i did a finishing sauce for my pulled pork in witch they have had before well when i  served it it was not to there liking not sure what change there mined it was the same as they had every time before. I didn't charge them for the cook and went home with my head down the people at the party thought the pork was real good but the people paying for the cook didn't. Not sure what to think on this my wife is real up front when it comes to my Q and she said it was real good as well guess they got a free be out of me.

You have to wonder if everyone liked it but the ones paying the bill, then maybe they just wanted a free meal.

You can't please everyone, so don't let it get ya down.

You have to wonder if everyone liked it but the ones paying the bill, then maybe they just wanted a free meal.

You can't please everyone, so don't let it get ya down.

Thanks dan i wont let it get me to down this was the first time this has happened to me so i didnt' no what to think. I am happy i have a great wife i drove her nuts that night when we got home i started going over all my recipes.

Sorry Man!!!

There are those who will never be pleased.

All you can do is "Buck It Up" and "Kick Some Ass Next Time!"

I believe that failure only make us perform better in the future.

Good luck My Friend!!!!

Todd

This is a ploy used by many a cheapskate when dealing with Catering folks. Because so many of us did and do it without a license folks like to take advantage of it. They know we will be reluctant to take them to court for fear of getting into more problems due to the license.  I always demanded a 50% deposit up front so I could at least cover my food costs. Sorry this happened to ya.

Good luck with the next one

This is a ploy used by many a cheapskate when dealing with Catering folks. Because so many of us did and do it without a license folks like to take advantage of it. They know we will be reluctant to take them to court for fear of getting into more problems due to the license.  I always demanded a 50% deposit up front so I could at least cover my food costs. Sorry this happened to ya.

Good luck with the next one

I agree with Scar---Entirely !

There are better words to describe those folks, but this is a "Family" site.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky