Not BBQ, but who doesn't love Tacos? (something I bought)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bigheaded

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 14, 2021
Philippines
I know links to Amazon are a no-no, I order the Taco Tuesday Heated Lazy Susan Taco Bar last night. It definitely is really plasticy from the few YT videos I watched. But for $35 what can you expect. The Fondue pot in the middle's a nice touch, and it could be used for things other than Tacos. Tho having a Chocolate Fondue night in a Taco Tuesday branded thing with the Mexico flag colors would be kind of odd lol. I live in So Cal, so Taco Tuesday's a weekly celebration for many. And in my city you can find a taco night every night somewhere. A lot of them aren't even Mexican spots. I couldn't imaging living in a state where Taco Tuesday isn't a thing.

Anywho, this has an adorable factor and will help me organize all my toppings instead of the usual whatever random Tupperware bowls I can find. I'm a fan of unnecessary kitchen gadgets, and this one definitely ranks high on the not-needed list. Growing up my mom made the best crunchy shell Gringo Tacos (ground beef) So in her honor, here's her recipe, simple but suuuuuuper. You can use the taco seasoning packets from the store, but she always mixed her own.

Chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, chipotle powder, dried Mexican oregano, dried cumin, smoked paprika, salt & pepper. You can Google a recipe to get amounts, she never measured anything and it always was perfect. The packets tell you brown the meat and mix the seasoning with a cup of water, her secret was to brown the meat then use a small 8oz can of tomato sauce + the can filled with water. Simmering over low heat uncovered stirring every 5 minutes until it thickened up. Just adding 1 thing makes the Tacos so much more flavorful. And she never bought the crunchy shells in a box, fresh corn tortillas fried as needed.

Here' s a pic of the contraption, Amazon tells me it will be here on the 10th, which is ironically Taco Tuesday!

28609398-8338837-image-a-80_1589959857826.jpg

Reactions: kruizer
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky