Norcino Giorgino butching a heavy pig the Italian way...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Old footage from 22 years ago...butchering a pig the old Italian way for Salumi and Salami. The cuts are very different than the American style of butchering a pig.

Norcino Giorgino in action!

I have practiced every cut on a small wild hog....just for practice for when I buy a whole hog for salumi.

Reactions: sawhorseray
Parlo un po' di italiano, ma non abbastanza per seguire quei ragazzi. I did like listening to them talk, reminded me of when my dad and noni would talk. RAY

I whacked around 70 wild hogs over a 30 year period, it's how I got into making my own sausage. Look at that blade work, the guy is a master! I can hear them talking about the prosciutto and cullatella but they go too fast for me to keep up. Now I'll need to make some ravioli, can do that even when you get old!
DSCN0856.JPG

Reactions: indaswamp
Parlo un po' di italiano, ma non abbastanza per seguire quei ragazzi.
Me either. I can understand some of it. I kept pausing to look up what they were talking about making. Though my last name is Italian, I have a lot of French, German, English, Spanish in my family history. My grandfather traced our family tree all the way back to Correggio, Italy in Emilia-Romagna Province....it's between Bologna and Modena. Our Family there were grape growers. There is a restaurant in town with the family last name...it is on my bucket list to go there and eat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky