No meat kind of night...sad but true

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 27, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Wife wanted to go light last night so I decided I would stop by the store on my way home from work and grab some fresh stuff to grill. And some cold beer of course.

Decided to do some braised/steamed squash and zucchini, goat cheese stuffed peppers(jalapenos and a couple sweet peppers), grilled tomatoes, and baked potatoes
v1.jpg

Yeah not so light...right?

Got the peppers cut and stuffed.
v3.jpg

I cut the tomatoes in half and then stuck my finger in them and got out all the pulp and seed part. It will just fall out when you grill anyways and make it mushy IMO. Drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette and put garlic powder and black pepper.
v4.jpg

v6.jpg

Sliced up the squash and zucchini and threw them in a pan. Added some garlic cloves, Olive Garden Italian dressing, a few slices of fancy European butter I got on manager clearance and the grocery store, and garlic powder and black pepper.
v5.jpg

Washed the potatoes and coated in olive oil with salt pepper and garlic powder and into the foil
v2.jpg

Threw the potatoes in the oven at 400 for an hour and then fired up the grill. Put the pan of squash and zucchini with foil on top in for about a 15 minute ride. Meanwhile grilled peppers until they were nice and soft and had a nice tint to the bottom of them. Threw them in a pan to keep warm and put the tomatoes on. Grilled those for about 10 minutes until they were nice and dark on the bottom and soft.
v8.jpg

Pulled the tomatoes off and added a little more balsamic vinaigrette, some mozzarella and parmesan cheeses, and a little bit of basil
v9.jpg

Money Shot with the loaded baked potato
v11.jpg

Yeah for sure wasn't light was stuffed after this(beers probably didn't help). But hey for a simple meal to change it up a little every now and again it was delicious. Thanks for looking

Thanks Al! I have a hard time believing you normally eat vegetarian after seeing all this awesome food you make all the time haha

Honestly we eat meat only about 1 or 2 times per week, but we enjoy it!!!
Then it goes into the freezer for a later date.
I really enjoy firing up the smoker and we usually have friends over to eat most of the Q!
Nothing better than tending to a fire & downing a few brews with friends!
Al

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
I had a meatless dinner the other night. Wasn't that hungry and just made myself a bag of microwave popcorn. I must admit yours looks much better.

Hahaha man ive done that plenty of times. Long day at work had a few beers by then its 10pm. Popcorn time

Looks like a great meal SVF. Not sure about the Coors though - that's a step or two behind PBR's.

Point for sure.

Chris

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Looks like a great meal SVF. Not sure about the Coors though - that's a step or two behind PBR's.

Point for sure.

Chris

I drank and bunch of PBR's on Sunday when I was mowing so had to switch it up. Had some Coors and Nattys left in the fridge from 4th of July and picked up a 6er of Rolling Rock

All Looks Mighty Tasty, VolFan!!
Like.
However I used to like that little Old Lady who used to say, "Where's The Beef?!?!"

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky