No Foil Spares w/Qview!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rp ribking

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 29, 2009
Northern, Indiana
This mornin' I smoked 3 racks of spares for some guys at work. Smoked them for 5 and a half hours. They came out tender and juicy. Not much pull back, but they are very meaty.

Used lump and hickory. Thanks for lookin'.
586431f6_000_0398.jpg
ecb30887_000_0399.jpg
60bc7484_000_0400.jpg
b048b867_000_0406.jpg
8b44858e_000_0412.jpg
ad7b4b86_000_0413.jpg
a8797cd4_000_0414.jpg

Those look awesome King, I see you are putting xtra br. sugar on the top before you put them in the smoker. I do that too & it seems to keep them a lot more moist with a good bark. Nice job!

Those ribs look very juicy, I havn't used the brown sugar on my ribs in quite awhile. I love what it does for them, but i find it blocks the smoke penetration somewhat.

I like them either way, and yours looks nice!

Thanks for sharin'
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Man those are some great looking spares, I don't know where you work but with food like that delivered to the job site, I might just have to put in an application!  Think the could find a position for a semi-retired Funeral Director and Embalmer?  LOL!!!  1  RP RibKing, you keep up the good work man if they don't like them see if you can get them fired!!!  LOL!!!!!!

Your SMF Friend

Barry 
biggrin.gif

Hey Rib, them are some nice looking ribs!  Is this your first try doing ribs without using foil? I quit using foil on my ribs several years ago and found that I don't have near the pull back on them bones as when I did using foil.  I'll do the additional brown sugar on my racks, but I'll add it about 3 hours into the smoke.

Reactions: cowgirl
Thanks to everyone that responded.

I had a busy day yesterday and enjoyed every minute of it and the nicer weather. I used the brown sugar to neutralize the rub a little sweet then spicy (it was a little spicy I thought) and I have to be careful when I am smokin' meats for other people.

I am so thankful that I found this site when I was a beginner 2 1/2 years ago. Thanks everybody for helping me and countless others.

RP

Hey Rib, them are some nice looking ribs!  Is this your first try doing ribs without using foil? I quit using foil on my ribs several years ago and found that I don't have near the pull back on them bones as when I did using foil.  I'll do the additional brown sugar on my racks, but I'll add it about 3 hours into the smoke.

Thanks Dutch, Haven't used foil for a long, long time on anything. It is a pain in the butt to use foil. Normally, I have good pull back, but these ribs were so dang meaty. Since I had the smoker full I used a rack, much easier to put the sugar on 1st. 

just wondering beside  the brown sugar  what  was  were rub,,, nice  color   and they look great,,, up here in northeast  nebraske it's  been to cold

to smoke but  warmer  weather around  the  corner it's almost   going to be  smokin'  time,,, rib  i think  while  be my

first thing i  do..mmm ... man they  look good  great  job...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky